Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Copyrighted Pictures..

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
    I think "Cobra" might have some potential input on the Ford copyright madness regarding the name of a certain car they build...

Cobra???
    Yeah - when it comes to copyright/trademark infringement - Ford is the ghey

Ford is loosing millions every quarter and trying to tap any and all revenue sources. In the end game- it's all about bean counters saying it's more profitable for them to go after the little guys because they (the little guys) can't mount a legal challenge due to the high costs involved. And they're right - but in that process they are also alienating their core enthusiasts. Who's to say if in the end, it was worth it or not. We'll just have to let history be the judge.
    Mark K....

Comment

Hey Cobra.. shoot me a PM or phone... I owe you a check and lost yer contact info since your move!

/
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra
        Yeah - when it comes to copyright/trademark infringement - Ford is the ghey

Ford is loosing millions every quarter and trying to tap any and all revenue sources. In the end game- it's all about bean counters saying it's more profitable for them to go after the little guys because they (the little guys) can't mount a legal challenge due to the high costs involved. And they're right - but in that process they are also alienating their core enthusiasts. Who's to say if in the end, it was worth it or not. We'll just have to let history be the judge.

I know they have been at it for quite some time. I know that they made that crummy late 70's Cobra mustang because they were trying to keep Carroll Shelby from using the badge. They had some stipulation that they had to use the name every so often to keep the ownership. I'm sure you are familiar with this and if I am wrong feel free to correct me on this.

I think it could cost them in the end but they have spent a good bit of money fighting for the Cobra name with Shelby, with whom they have kissed and made up, but the legal actions and teams are already in place to go after the kit builders. I guess that is the fallout from the Ford/Shelby spat. I guess it wouldn't be right to let the kit builders use the name when you wouldn't even let THE MAN use it.

Comment

Working...
        X