Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: personally...

Originally posted by JET1
    \Forgive me, but this seems very narrow minded to me. So you believe we should get rid of the NTSB

the NTSB deals in fact visual reference materials and technological analysis of those facts and materials to come to a concensus (sometimes right sometimes wrong( of how things occured. I was one of the first on the scene as the firetrucks arrived...enough said. Ill just ignore the rest of the posts on this thread. perhaps you all can discuss it after the preliminary NTSB report comes out. sorry to kick a beehive but then I really didnt kick it I was just trying to keep the bees all together and out of frenzy.
    I believe the preliminary report is out. See NTSB accident synopses organized by month.
    JMurphy

Comment

Re: Hope this is OK

Originally posted by G. van Dyk
      I was also staring straight at Mr. Morehouse's airplane as he went through the unplanned manouver. As disturbing as it was to witness the event, the one thing that struck me, only seconds later I couldn't remember if he had rolled to the right or left. I would be an extremely poor witness of the tragedy, and the people I spoke with and overheard the rest of the day, with few exceptions would, I believe be equally poor witnesses, as the story wasn't the same between any of them. We need to take eyewitness accounts with a good deal of salt, and add or subtract weight depending on the witness's experience and credentials.

Gerry
      I agree Gerry that is why I feel it is important to recieve ALL the data you can. It enables a pilot to make a decision about what he/she would do in that instance.

For example, I have heard of early in the 757's career small planes were inverted in the wake turbulence. Reading all the data has allowed pilots/me to devise ways to avoid such an unfortuate event. It is pretty simple for those that are still around to practice it but not so simple for those that have become victims.

Comment

Re: Hope this is OK

A debate was not what I had intended when I made my original posting. My intent was to pay tribute to this man and his flying ability. I agree eyewitnesses are not always the most reliable, but from what I believe I saw, his control inputs were quick and once inverted remarkable. If you don't think so, roll upside down and see which way you move the stick in that first split second. Personally, and again the reason I posted this was to pay tribute this Gentleman. Again, my heart and prayers go out to all those involved, not only in this accident, but all.
        Brian

Comment

Working...
        X