Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As The Propeller Turns - Mike Brown + Dago Red?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: As The Propeller Turns - Mike Brown + Dago Red?

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
    Looks like it will continue to be Round v Round then...

Geez John, if you'd just start making "mice"... .

There is only one man in the entire world that made Mice, and I sat there afterwards with him as the last one was done, and sitting on the stand. Dwight said there it is, the last Mouse. After that there can be Allison Rod Merlins but only MAD made the Mice. The secrets to the Mouse are an intellectual property that I don't own, So without the Doc's blessing they are were they are.
    John Slack

Comment

Originally posted by BellCobraIV
      There is only one man in the entire world that made Mice, and I sat there afterwards with him as the last one was done, and sitting on the stand. Dwight said there it is, the last Mouse. After that there can be Allison Rod Merlins but only MAD made the Mice. The secrets to the Mouse are an intellectual property that I don't own, So without the Doc's blessing they are were they are.
      I know John, you've explained that to me many times.. I've always somewhat "secretely" hoped, however, that someone with deep enough pockets would come along who would make Dwight secure enough to let the secret go with someone.. like you..

Would be a horrible shame if the Doc was not able to pass on the depth of his knowledge and be financially rewarded for doing so..

Just a little pipe dream I guess..

Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Any reasoning behind him not passing on the knowledge?? Or is he holding out for a decent bid on the information? I am sure there are takers out there...
        Last edited by DWYER; 09-21-2007, 07:19 PM.
        My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

I just wish I had deep pockets so I can buy Dago Red

Comment

u and me both
            www.renosection3.com

Comment

Originally posted by DWYER
              Any reasoning behind him not passing on the knowledge?? Or is he holding out for a decent bid on the information? I am sure there are takers out there...
              So.....no comment???

Comment

Just Maybe there's a Legacy there that wants/needs to be preserved.

Just May be that that Transport case Merlins are almost IMPOSSIBLE to find, those Allison Rods aren't easy to find either, And Rolls-Royce isn't going to license any replication or re-manufacturing...like John said..."the last Mouse"...D.

Comment

Did Dwight start out in marine motors?? Boats with Merlins in them? It sound like a lot of the development for the Merlin stemmed from that area.

Comment

The way I Heard it, he just walked into Chuck Lyford's hangar one day and just started Doing it...Boats AND P-51s...D.

Comment

you R correct Dan leased Dago to race...he will be back in Ridgerunner next year

Originally posted by MustangFan
                      IIRC, I think Dan was leasing Dago from Mr. Bland. Someone correct me on this if my memory is wrong.

Interesting if true with regards to Mike Brown and Dago. If the current Sept. Fury crew stays intact, I imagine they might know a little bit about that Mustang...

Comment

Originally posted by DWYER
                        Dwyer,
                        Money is not the issue, Dwight has said it is time for someone else to figure it out.
                        John Slack

Comment

Working...
                        X