Gold Unlimited Final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gold Unlimited Final

Great recap, Fence Sence! Wish I could have been there.

Congrats to Rare Bear and the Team! All that work paid off. Hope 232 isn't hurt too bad and will be back to contest next year along with a healty Strega.
    Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Myles
      Hey Red,
      Good news on the results. How did our local boys finish; Dan, Will, Rob, CJ?
      Myles
      Is that George Perez 51 in your avatar? Do you know if the a/c is flying now? He is supposed to be in Ohio in a weeks time!

T J

Comment

Fence Sense and Mosquito, thanks for the info. TJ see ya in a few weeks...

Lynn

Comment

Congrats to the Bear team, good job as usual for Matt (almost had 'em), big congrats to Shem ( the little plane that could).

Comment

I love that Yak... it looks for all the world like a round-motor Tsunami!
            _________
            -Matt
            Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence
              Penny whipped that Bear from "Gentlemen, you have a race." I don't think MB was ready at all. The Bear rode high wide and handsome at full tilt and left everybody. MB was pushing 232 as fast he could while running the inside nice and low. MB's got a wonderful line and one heluva 'Fury, but Penny and the Bear were on a mission. Meanwhile, Dreadnaught is, as usual, lurking in third, ready for opportunity to knock. Czeckmate is battling from sixth to pass Spirit of Texas and Riff Raff, who are going at like it's a bar fight, thowin' beer in each other faces, smashin' chairs and rollin' in the mud. Czeckmate pulls them both ala Bear, high wide and handsome out on six. Thing of beauty. Dives down the VOS and is clear. The crowd goes wild. Back to the front. "Is the Bear really going to hold this pace?" "Is Penny crazy enough to push the Bear at this pace?" "Is this what Mike Brown is thinking right now?" Boom! , 232 is pukin' black smoke. I could hear it as he rounded 5. Not good. Fortunately MB is good. Textbook. That left Dreadnaught sittin' second and Yes!, Czeckmate coming home in third. What a race! High 5's, hoots an hollers fill the hills. What's that? Stuck throttle? Ohh boy. Everybody stops and starts scanning the sky. Over the radio, John and Steve are working it out. If you didn't know what you were listening to, it would be boring. Both those Dudes and cooler than the other side of the pillow. After some real quick rounds above the field, the call from Hinton, "What do you want to do John?" I don't have a full quote, but I what I did hear was, "Full lean". Sigh. Penny tee'd it up, took a big 'ol swing and stuck it on the green.
              You nailed the whole thing right on the head!! That was the best Unlimited Gold in years. My hat's off to the Bear and her crew for giving the rest of the field a thorough spanking. I'll admit to being skeptical before the week started as to their chances, but man oh man did they ever to the business!

Comment

First off, my congrats to the Rare Bear team. They earned their win and worked hard all week. I know all of us involved with September Fury have the utmost respect for them and congratulate them on the win. It was a long hard road for their team to get Rare Bear to where it is and they managed to get all things in order for the Gold race.

Originally posted by JoeCook1
                Hope 232 isn't hurt too bad and will be back to contest next year along with a healty Strega.
                Unfortunately, the motor is hurt pretty bad and included an on board fire. Mike did an excellent job landing with a very sick airplane.

Dave Cornell, John Penney, Rod Lewis and Crew came over after the race and had a drink with Mike Brown.

Michael
                Attached Files

Comment

THAT RACE ROCKED!
                  One of the best I've seen in along time!
                  John Penny, Rod Lewis you guys are awesome!
                  All is again right with the world!

Comment

Throttle to bottle ???????

What???

Cool, Bmarsh

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Marsh
                      Throttle to bottle ???????

What???

Cool, Bmarsh
                      just remember....

8 hrs bottle to throttle....

8 seconds throttle to bottle!!!!!!!!!!

great racing on Sunday. glad everyone landed safely....hope everyone has a safe trip home.

Comment

one halavah race!!!!!! But a healthy DAGO RED and no contest!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X