Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Fence

Originally posted by AirDOGGe
    So remember everyone, if you see a lot of saved seats on the top row, remember that a lot of them were occupied before you had arrived. Just because nobody is sitting in them doesn't mean they weren't there first. If you want those seats, make the sacrifices and go earlier, or else take what you get and don't whine about it..
    I don't think we are whining here. You said "If you want those seats, make the sacrifices and go earlier, or else take what you get" And I am here to tell you that I was one of the first people in line at the gate early in the AM to try and get one of those top spots. But when the gates opened there were already seats there that were apparently left there overnight to save the spot. Now I am all for giving up those prime spots if someone beats me to the gate in the morning, but it is wrong in my opinion to tie your chair to the stands the night before in order to save your spot for the next morning. That is not first come first serve. Which is how the GA stands were always described to me.

But if RARA doesn't fix the process, I'll be one of those that ties off his chair the night before....

Comment

10-4 Nick
      I was one of the first people in line at the gate early in the AM to try and get one of those top spots
      Because of Air Race plate preferred parking, I was at the INNER gate at 6:30, third in line. They were already gone.
      Im done "whining".
      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo
        10-4 Nick

Because of Air Race plate preferred parking, I was at the INNER gate at 6:30, third in line. They were already gone.
        Im done "whining".
        Sounds like I need to hitch a ride with you into the gate then.

We stay at the Church RV lot and walk in every morning. We have to line up at the outside gate on the street until they open that up, and then everyone makes a mad dash to the inner gate near the stands.

This year every one was lined up at one gate, and then the opened a different gate first and everyone ran over there, so it didn't matter what time you got in line you still had to run you ass off to get to the next line. It is so disorganized in my opinion....but what do they care about my opinion right?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick
          I don't think we are whining here. You said "If you want those seats, make the sacrifices and go earlier, or else take what you get" And I am here to tell you that I was one of the first people in line at the gate early in the AM to try and get one of those top spots. But when the gates opened there were already seats there that were apparently left there overnight to save the spot. Now I am all for giving up those prime spots if someone beats me to the gate in the morning, but it is wrong in my opinion to tie your chair to the stands the night before in order to save your spot for the next morning. That is not first come first serve. Which is how the GA stands were always described to me.

But if RARA doesn't fix the process, I'll be one of those that ties off his chair the night before....

If that is the case, then you have every right to complain. I wonder if someone is slipping in there during the early morning hours while it's still dark and placing them there? Seems strange that chairs can be left overnight without getting stolen or moved.

Hmmmm...Maybe I can slip in there after nightfall and deal with the problem firsthandther up all the (illegal) seats and deposit them behind the lost & found. Big surprise in the morning for all those jokers who can't play fair if their lives depended on it!

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe
            Hmmmm...Maybe I can slip in there after nightfall and deal with the problem firsthandther up all the (illegal) seats and deposit them behind the lost & found. Big surprise in the morning for all those jokers who can't play fair if their lives depended on it!

If that's what it takes, I'd be willing to donate at least a twelve pack to make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick
              If that's what it takes, I'd be willing to donate at least a twelve pack to make it happen.
              I'll donate my time and hands to make it happen. I can outrun most guards....

Comment

Too many rats in the maze...
                Bill Garnett
                InterstellarDust
                Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

thanks gary!
                  all us [aka] backstrightbums.need to start thinking of buying a piece of the fence line!
                  the lot south of bill's seems open,
                  is there eneybody up there that can look into this?
                  i got 10k and can probley find 3 or more to match.
                  also i get to a good spot on saturday before quls.
                  if you need a spot to camp let me know before next year.
                  i can save a spot till about wed.
                  pm me john
                  p.s.if all you need is to watch for the day,bring beer and come share my shade,red rock to lemmon to fence line look left.thats our camp! all welcome!!
                  Last edited by john&marlene; 09-22-2007, 02:24 PM.

Comment

....and maybe a lease program would help bring in responsible campers so the BS stops and fun FUN continues!!!!

Count us in!

Gary

Comment

Working...
                    X