What's up with PM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's up with PM?

Why Doncha Leave it alone, it was a week o high emotions and all will work itself out...D.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, Ron was DQ'd for a deadline cut.. the rest of this interview stuff is most likely, B S..

Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by sierra fox
        Dont tell me.....a TF???
        I will be surprised if N6WJ/44-88a doesn't go into a restoration shop somewhere and emerge a shiny new TF-51.

The airplane needs a thorough rebuild...either to keep it safe, or to make it fast. Either way, it needs a truckload of money and manpower dumped into it.

Nobody in their right mind would dump that kind of time and money into a Mustang and have the end result be anything OTHER than something he could turn a big, fat profit on. Right now, TF-51s are all the rage.

That's my prediction.

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
          If I'm not mistaken, Ron was DQ'd for a deadline cut.. the rest of this interview stuff is most likely, B S..

Brent Hisey cut the deadline on Thursday. He raced on Sunday. I thought the deadline cut would DQ you for the race, not the week.

Jarrod

Comment

Ron is finished at Reno. He made some 'off color' coments to some news media and RARA told him to depart Mon am and never return. I suspect the Roter Rooter will be up for sale soon. Great machine. Needs a through restoration.

Comment

Originally posted by spinner
              Ron is finished at Reno. He made some 'off color' coments to some news media and RARA told him to depart Mon am and never return. I suspect the Roter Rooter will be up for sale soon. Great machine. Needs a through restoration.
              Ron is a great guy. Going to miss him.

Comment

Heres some old pics I have of PM and the MBS griffin Please understand I am not a pro pix shooter and these where taken before '05
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar

Originally posted by spinner
                  That certainly clears things up

Comment

Originally posted by jarrodeu
                    Brent Hisey cut the deadline on Thursday. He raced on Sunday. I thought the deadline cut would DQ you for the race, not the week. Ron is such a nice guy. States the facts and gets pooped on by the RARA.

Jarrod
                    There is more to this story than just the DQ on Race 38 and the comments by Ron in the paper that prompted the actions taken. I'll leave it at that.

Comment

Why leave it at that Hawkeye? It seems like a long standing tradition on this board to tease people with more information and then refuse to disclose it. Why dont we just put it all out on the table so we can turn the corner?

Comment

Originally posted by AbnerWigglestaf
                        Why leave it at that Hawkeye? It seems like a long standing tradition on this board to tease people with more information and then refuse to disclose it. Why dont we just put it all out on the table so we can turn the corner?
                        I guess everyone wants to see the dirty laundry on a guy. Why do some people want to check a guys shorts in public. If Ron wants it public, he can talk about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye
                          I guess everyone wants to see the dirty laundry on a guy. Why do some people want to check a guys shorts in public. If Ron wants it public, he can talk about it.

Amen,

Then we can discuss it in the open forum. Until then let it be please.

Wayne.

Can we lock this thread before it gets any more out of hand.

Thanks

Wolfee

Comment

"...before it gets any more out of hand."

Are you joking? I don't see how this thread has even come close to getting out of hand. I've enjoyed reading this thread, as others have too obviously. Seems that there are people that were not at Reno, myself included, that simply want to know why a very favorite racer did not continue to turn the pylons through the week.
                            If someone asks about the specifics, that is their right. There is no harm in asking those questions. They're not asking for crash photos or something tasteless. And, if the people that know the details choose not to post them, that is their right too. The thread moves on.

This thread is one of the most benign I've come across. No one has crossed the line in any of the responses. Why stop a thread that is engaging, interesting, and harmless. If it becomes harmful, then I know Wayne or the moderators will take action. Let it be until then.

Thanks!
                            Tommy

Comment

Dearest Hawkeye,

I've simply a fan of PM and wanted to know why it was DQ'd. There have been conflicting reports throughout this thread and according to your previous post you know something that the rest of us don't in regards to the DQ. If you don't want to share this info then why bring it up in the first place? I was unaware of any "dirty laundry" until you alluded to it.

Comment

Do any of you have any idea how hard it is to try to keep the peace here?

The nature of the net is that ANYONE with a keyboard can put out news... right or wrong.

Can we all take a deep breath before posting? (MYSELF included)

That single thing would probably go a long way toward cooling the emotions that sometimes run pretty hot and heavy here..

I know, I was sending an email last night... did not hit the send, read it again this AM before hitting send... deleted it!

Might be a good idea for all of us to try to have some sort of 30-60 minute thing.. look at your post for a while, then send or not..

Deep breaths... please!

I'm sorry to see Ron go too but he was going to leave anyway... I have zero first hand knowledge of ANY reason he would have left early. That's the honest truth.. I thought I saw a deadline cut by him.. that's what I based my post on..

IF there's more to it.. it'll all come out.. I think SPINNER is probably closer to the source than most of us.. let's leave his post as the one to watch as what happened..

Peace brothers and sisters..

Wayne Sagar
                                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                                X