Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Moderator Resignation

[QUOTE=BellCobraIV]Randy,

I have recently found it is better to come on in like you would a little airport cafe and talk about the old days, smile when your done and pay your bill, get up and go.

Believe me it is much more satisfactory than ripping the wings off of little birds, and throwing the feathers around.
    In the 80's...I used to enjoy these type settings at the Scottsdale Airport "Left seat" cafe... Ralph Payne, Larry Burton, and guys of that era...I knew nothing of airplanes, but learned alot from listening...Most enjoyable breakfast one could have... Some of us old timers still enjoy such a setting at the Speedway Motel Dining room at breakfast in Indy...rb

Comment

Randy,
      Thanks for the work as moderator. I canonly imagine how frustrating it could be.

Please still hang with us,sharing your knowlege,wit and pics.

......Good luck at Reno .....
      Have fun enough for several.....some of us can't get there.

.....Tell the boys hello.
      Mayday51
      Jim Gallagher

Comment

Originally posted by MUSNTCHIT

In the 80's...I used to enjoy these type settings at the Scottsdale Airport "Left seat" cafe... Ralph Payne, Larry Burton, and guys of that era...I knew nothing of airplanes, but learned alot from listening...Most enjoyable breakfast one could have... Some of us old timers still enjoy such a setting at the Speedway Motel Dining room at breakfast in Indy...rb
        I miss Ralph, On some of my many "assignments" from my dad over the years I was sent to work with Ralph in Scottsdale and Casa Grande, There was a garden cafe up the street from Ralph's shop and we would go there for breakfast after getting what we need together. Ralph would ask me what thoughts I had about how to attack what we were going to do, then either compliment my thought process or advise me on a different tactic. But right there on the menu, Ralph omelet, named after the man.
        John Slack

Comment

Originally posted by RandyGoss75
          ....I can no longer determine what is a valid post, or just a trick to solicit a response from the masses to spark hostile debate and create turmoil...
          It is tough to tell on what has been filtered, must be a b*tch to wade through.
          Sincere thanks, for what you have done.
          It would be great to see you post more often.

Now that you've got more free time, what's the project going to be.

Paul

Comment

Randy,

Thanks for all the work you put in. I really enjoy this forum and I am sure you kept it something worth coming back to repeatedly. For whatever reason racing can bring out the nasty side of people (I know it has occasionally done that to me) and having someone able to step back and look at things in an unbiased way to filter the noise from the signal as it were has made this forum a resource, not soapbox.

Maybe we need an unmoderated "Bizzare and Nasty" section to keep the nonproductive content out of the real forums... :-)

Michele

Comment

Can I buy you a DEAD CAT ALE pal?

Comment

GOOD GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Pages?

The man did not die.

He just does not want to be a moderator anymore!

Sounds like a freakin funeral!

Comment

Well, us "old folks" remember a classic line.. from long ago.. "Old soldiers never die..... they just... fade away...

We look, we wonder....

Rock on!

Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Randy thanks for all you have done for this forum. Now write a book on what air racing is really all about.
                    Lockheed Bob

Comment

The National Enquirer would probably give you good money for that...D.

Comment

Working...
                      X