4 nites at the races :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 4 nites at the races

Ah yes, the dirt lot across from the church and the fire station. Our clan used to camp there too. We called ourselves "The Dirt Lot Dogs"! I have some great memories of camping at the dirt lot. After the races the cold beer and grilling dinner were great. Some years we also had live entertainment of a fiddle player and a guitar player. Good times.
    Our clan has now upgraded to being "Hanger Queens". LOL!
    While staying in the hanger right in the pits is great, I sometimes miss the "Dirt Lot Dogs"!

WARPT

Comment

Originally posted by bergschrund
      Actually, I forget the priest's real name but I think we're talking about the same man. Very nice person......B
      great man.always stops by our tent and asks how were doing.
      we offer a bit o' the grape to him and he always accepts it.
      try the dinner they put on,the foods not too bad.
      see you all there!
      LOWPASSKID

Comment

We've camped out at the Valley o' Speed the last handful of years and it has always been an experience. Memories of watching Skip and Dago set the course record while flying over our heads at 75-100 feet (if that) while our ears pounded from that wonderful Merlin... wow, still raise the hairs on my neck.

Of course the early morning test runs with Dago, shaking the RVs and our pounding heads from the night before... well that was just what Reno was all about! I'd fall (literally) out of bed, crawl outside and think, "That b*stard" ... then I'd grab some coffee with a little hair of the dog and hope that he would come around again.

Heading up on Monday, can't wait... see you guys around!

Comment

Its looking like I will be there for a nite or two more. Cant wait till monday

Comment

Working...
          X