Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Warhawk Air Museum

You struggle!

Seriously though, it can be really difficult. In this case we were orbiting, so the reflections changed constantly. I just watched (as much as possible while shooting madly) to try to see the patterns and worked around them. They were not nearly as bad straight out the side, as compared to up (relative to the airplane when banking) as in Tony's shots so I favored shooting to the sides. I did do some pretty minor photoshop work on what I posted, but was lucky to have a few shots that were pretty good with regards to the reflections and their location in the frame. Once you know the general patterns the pilot can be a great help by positioning the photo plane a bit up or down, but in cases like this he is constrained by the fact that it is not a photo shoot and he has to maintain some semblance of position in the formation.

But mostly you just shoot a lot and pray, and then shoot some more and figure you'll deal with it all later. Then when you land you take a deep breath and wonder if you enjoyed the flight. The latter is not always entirely clear...

Neal

Comment

I did forget to mention one important point! Once you've caught your breath, you immediately go find your pilot and/or whoever set up your flight, and profusely thank them and tell them what a wonderful time you had. You then explain that you did have some equipment problems, and for insurance of getting some great photos you really get up there and do it again...

(Just kidding, John-Curtiss -- I think...)

Comment

Great job Neal, those look great! Looks like a lot of fun.

Jarrod

Comment

Thank you Jarrod, and it was. Just wish I could get such things to happen more often...

Comment

Working...
          X