Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dago Red

Originally posted by T. Adams
    Just make sure you don't bring the bucket into the pits. No chairs allowed!!

But the pits have those wonderful stands way back next to the hangers.

Comment

Originally posted by 440_Magnum
      Well.... if you type "pylon1.com" in your browser.... where does it take you?

From WAY back, I had two links on my home page for air racing, one for P1 and one for AAFO. When the merger happened, I changed the text that formerly linked to Pylon1 so that it takes me straight here to the message board. The old AAFO link still takes me to the front page. Sorta my tribute to the memory of Pylon1
      You honor me sir - thank you

Mr Wayners is right... I will have more free time coming up soon. I never really lost interest in the other kind of Mustangs - just needed a long break from the drama. As our illustrious governator once said...
      "I'll be back".
      Mark K....

Comment

I hope so Mark. I spent some time perusing what is still there, and it really was a great web site! Lots of articles with real content. I especially enjoyed reviewing all the stuff on the buildup and development of #232 -- an invaluable historical record! I'd like to see that material consolidated and put up on AAFO. Ditto for Bucky's Lockwood interview, and the Yancey Yak stuff, the Bob Hannah and Sandy Sanders and Gunther Balz interviews and on and on.

We don't see much of this stuff at all these days, with everybody so busy and/or distracted (or secretive) and it's a shame. So thanks for all you did in recording an era of Air Race history!

Neal

Comment

No criticism of the present web sites intended -- none of us are producing content like we did during that time of enthusiasm for the new web sites! Heck, none of us are producing web articles much at all, except Victor with his air show stuff. These are different times. I just really enjoyed going back in time and seeing what we were doing back then, and I'd like to see Mark back doing the historical stuff...

Neal

Comment

Since we’re on the Pylon1.com subject, I’d just like to thank Mark again for the cool site and especially the win a ride is Miss A contest. I’ve never won anything big before and the Mustang ride was huge. It may not have been Miss A due to the crash that year but the ride in Dove of Peace was memorable for sure.
            One of the last things that we talked about on your site that I can remember was the bad crash your wife had in the mustang (car). I hadn’t heard anything since and was hoping she is doing well.
            All the best, and thanks again.

Jason
            Attached Files
            Jason Schillereff

Comment

Jason:
              Thanks my friend. I'm very glad the flight you had was a one you still fondly remember, as I'm sure it was for Chad (you remember him - he won the first flight in Miss A). Mr Hisey is simply a man of distinction and generous to a fault - he is the man responsible in making that happen and is deserving of all the credit

My wife... well, after 3 surgeries on her shoulder (the last one about 1 1/2 years ago) she has fully recovered and doing great. Thanks for asking about her, means a lot more then you can imagine.

Neal:
              Thanks for your comments buddy. I agree with you... and when things get a little more quiet on the homefront, I do plan on doing what you suggested. Wayne & I have discussed this on many occasions - and we do feel that it can be done in a satisfactory way that would allow the content to become more available to the air racing fans as well as satisfy the requirements of the contributors/authors. One of my favorite pieces of work, and one that I felt honored to present, was the story on Erin Rheinschild. That story needs to be out there... as well as the numerously excellent historical articles by Bucky. I, much like I'm sure you are too, feel that there is a real need for the fans (as well as a need for myself) to have as much access on the historical aspect of air racing as current events that are happening today. We are today a product of the history that preceded us - and it's something I have never lost interest in. You'll be seeing me more in the not-too-distant future... I've been absent long enough
              Mark K....

Comment

Re: Dago Red (Pylon1.com redux)

Hey, now- I'll toast to the 'return' of Pylon1's web maestro- Mark K!!! (You've been sorely missed by many, Dude!). The merger of the old with the new' will be a good fit & will really see old partners truly come 'full-circle' (which is totally 'natural' in covering air racing - fly-low, fly-fast, & "TURN LEFT!"). I'm really proud of my past collaborations with Mark, Neal & other contributors for Pylon1.com projects, and have longed to see all that hard work and fine material get back online here in the proper venue. (Got a kick out of revisting some of it again at its' present limbo site).

Wayne & Mark have a great creative chemistry & history having established air racing web coverage, while providing a year-round club house for fans to share their dedicated enthusiasm and interests, and inspiring others to launch their own air racing web sites. You guys can count on my support for any future team efforts! We'll all be eager to see what magic stuff you cook up for all to enjoy!

Don 'Bucky' Dawson

Comment

Originally posted by Jason S.
                  Since we’re on the Pylon1.com subject, I’d just like to thank Mark again for the cool site and especially the win a ride is Miss A contest. I’ve never won anything big before and the Mustang ride was huge. It may not have been Miss A due to the crash that year but the ride in Dove of Peace was memorable for sure.
                  One of the last things that we talked about on your site that I can remember was the bad crash your wife had in the mustang (car). I hadn’t heard anything since and was hoping she is doing well.
                  All the best, and thanks again.

Jason

Hey jason,

Cool pics, just a little side note on Dove of Peace, she is now proudly owned and flown in Wanaka New Zealand to give our proud little nation 2 P-51's although funny thing, one of Kermit Weeks mustangs is ex RNZAF, our Territorial Airforce (equivalent to the National Gaurd) operated 30 in the late 1940's early 50's another machine is flying in the UK.
                  race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Working...
                  X