X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stiletto

Red,
    (In case you don't check your PM's),
    I've got two belly shots, one color, one b&w. From O'Leary's and Carter & Matthews books, respectively. Can't post them, but I can e-mail, if you'd like.

Paul

Comment

Sorry about the posting of the photos. I didn`t Know about the posting of pics. I thought that as long as I was giving credit to the source I wasn`t breaking any rules. I will be more cautious of what I post.
      Juan

Comment

Originally posted by MustangFan
        And would that have been painted by the same guy that did the 'Prospector' on the Precious Metal engine cowling?

Just curious Brad....

Nope. Much as I'd love to take credit, it wasn't mine. You can see it in the Charlene Aro photo in the post above. I have only seen one close-up photo. I'll see if I can track it down.

Comment

wayne i think this time its all right i just havent found the time to look for some this time its all right to do that iam being nice shawn ps it is credit to my dad so that s fine

Comment

Originally posted by juan
            Here are a few color tile shots I found in the internet and saved. This pics are from the Warbird Aero press site And Pylon 1 by Chuck Aro. I have saved quite a few pictures of the Stiletto as it has been my favorite Unlimited.
            Juan
            Juan, that one still posted is an awesome shot, don't know why I've never seen it before.

Comment

This thread gave me an idea to build a 1:48 model of Stiletto, so I have set about finding some pictures. I jumped over to Warbird Aero Press to look at the ones over there, but all the pics are broken. Does anyone have a good picture of the underside of the plane with some detail so I can see what it looks like without the scoop. At this point I'm not sure how I'm going to go about cutting the scoop out, nor how I'm going to do the canopy. Stiletto has always been one of my favorite P51s, so now I'd like it to sit on a shelf.

Will

Comment

Will, this is the best i can do for ya!

Hope it helps

Anthony
                Attached Files
                "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Hello Will
                  If you want to do a 1/48 model I can send you a few pics but can`t post them here.Send me your email and I will send you some. I built a 1/8 scale R/C model of the Stiletto in 1999 and put a hot Rossi .45 with a mini tuned pipe,Retracts and it was Very fast a hoot to fly. Here are a few pics.
                  Juan
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by juan; 08-13-2007, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sierra fox
                    Will, this is the best i can do for ya!

Hope it helps

Anthony
                    Thats closer, it gives good detail to the wing tips. I'm thinking more of a banking turn closer-up. I'm thinking it was almost perfectly flat, but I can't really tell. I'm also trying to figure out where the wings were clipped. I have a good idea, but I'm not really sure. I've found a boatload of pics, but none really showing where the scoop was removed, and how the hole was patched up. I think I'm just going to paint the boil off openings on rather than trying to cut them open.

Thanks,
                    Will

Comment

Ok if iam not mistaken the photo was used on a brouchure my dad did called Flying billboards and Mark Kaillo used it on Pylon 1 years ago.

Shawn

Comment

I recommend the back issue of Warbird Digest from last summer that had Part II of the article Super Stangs. That will tell you exactly what modifications to make, where to make them, and should show you what you are looking for.

Comment

here are some from 1984 Shawn
                          Attached Files

Comment

I stumbled across some interesting pics of N13Y and Beguine, the other 2 scoopless mustangs on page two of
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/806433...57594517602546/ I have to say Stiletto was the cleanest build of the three. Just out of curiosity, what happened to Stiletto's wings? Did the current owner add the sections back onto the clipped ones, or did he go find a different full set of wings? It sounds like Galloping Ghost will be running the tips, but where did the boil off system go? Or might that be one of the big surprises when GG returns this year? (Do I hear the rumor mill starting?) How cool would that be?

Will

Comment

That link doesn't work.

I'm pretty sure that the boil off system we are using is not Stiletto's, although I'm not positive. I'll have to check.

Comment

Few more

Comment

Working...
                                X