Blue Skies - Gerry Beck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blue Skies - Gerry Beck

My deepest sympathies to friends and family of Gerry Beck. I have had the honor of knowing Gerry for a few years now. His spirit truly touched many. He will be deeply missed. Rest in Peace my Friend.

Nate R.
    Wahpeton N.D.

Comment

Ummm Just to let you know you do have an error in your article. The plane that casey is flying is not named Stang its named dazzling donna after his Bobs wife and caseys mom and has been named that since he built it way back in the day. I know this because there my family (cousin). Just wanted to give you the correct name.

Comment

Originally posted by Heather View Post
        Ummm Just to let you know you do have an error in your article. The plane that casey is flying is not named Stang its named dazzling donna after his Bobs wife and caseys mom and has been named that since he built it way back in the day. I know this because there my family (cousin). Just wanted to give you the correct name.
        Hi Heather, thanks for the correction, I only gave the name "Stang" due to the airplane being called that for during the filming of Thunder Over Reno. Not sure if you know but they also call the airplane "Stang" for the Duggy thing that Mitch and Robert are involved with.

Welcome to the board!
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

One week from today will be the two year anniversery of that terrible day. I can still see the pictures in my head when I think about it. That was a really rough year for the warbird and racing community. Always remember to treasure the time you have with those around you.

Comment

Yes that was a terrible day when we lost Gerry. They are all terrible day's when you loose someone you admire. I just can't get out of my head Sept 16th 1985. Just after watching Art Scholl and his dog Aileron fly his Red White and Blue routing at Reno we lost a great one. At times it is tuff to watch Top Gun. But it is people like us that need to pass on the greatness of these pilots to the young that never had the chance to see them so that they are never forgoten.
            Jay Smith

Comment

I had the honor of seeing Art Scholl two years in a row at Angels Camp. I believe the years were 82 and 83. Back then I was just a kid at a rock concert that happened to have a great air show between bands. But over time I came to realize the fullness of his loss, and I agree...watching Top Gun can be tough.

Blue Skies to all the beloved pilots that have gone on before us.

LP
              Last edited by MMPerk; 07-21-2009, 09:57 PM.

Comment

I have many hours of video of Art Scholl, Jimmy Franklin, Lefty Gardner and many others that have since passed. The best way to honor them is to treasure those films, watch them over and over, and share them with those that missed those great performers.
                I can't watch Top Gun, or my pics and video from the filming of TOR without remembering. I always watch Flight of the Pheonix through the credits to see the "In Memorium" for Paul Mantz.
                Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Touching on some sensitive area's here guys, we've lost so very many, Leo, you said it. I have a very rare film of Frank Sanders doing his smoke routine with a camera that points aft to show the affect of the prop turbulence, God how i miss that man! What a contribution he made and that continues with his family.

Blue Skies to all
                  "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Yes we have all those memories & thanks to Wayne we have all this to share. At my age (77) I have plenty of them going back to the post ww2 races at Cleveland up to now. I hope to see you all at Reno.
                    Lockheed Bob

Comment

I've seen that video Anthony and it is cool! My first real "warbird" demo I remember was his smoke routine.
                      I started filming in '85 and for a few years shot EVERYTHING. Thanks to that I have Art's last airshow in the Super Chipmunk, Aileron, and his drunken farmer.
                      Another of my favorites was Rick Brickert in the Red Knight. The slow grace and wingtip smoke flown to "Proud to be an American" still chokes me up.
                      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
                      X