Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Happy Birthday (Old) Guy

Originally posted by speeddemon
    Hey, I had a birthday once. I asked for a do-it-yourself book. I got herpes instead.
    You must of done it wrong.............all I can figure out you didn't do it by hand

Comment

A life? A clue? A personality?
      All of the above, plus

Comment

You know, there, King....its a little known fact that the birthday is an ancient pagan ritual dating back to the Mayan (or is it Aztec?) culture. Originally developed as a sacrafice for the Sky God "Feiny", it celebrated a time when the young woman chosen for human sacrafice actually survived, and was deemed 'worthy' to live. After that, the Mayan's celebrated the "day of birth" with a yearly feast in celebration/honor of "Feiny's" designation of 'the chosen one'.

Comment

Originally posted by Missileer
          a Do-it-Yourself book ?
          I wanted to build a book shelf in my den for all my racing/flying books.

Comment

You know what I like about birthdays?

Cake.

Comment

You know, there, King....its a little known fact that the birthday is an ancient pagan ritual dating back to the Mayan (or is it Aztec?) culture. Originally developed as a sacrafice for the Sky God "Feiny", it celebrated a time when the young woman chosen for human sacrafice actually survived, and was deemed 'worthy' to live. After that, the Mayan's celebrated the "day of birth" with a yearly feast in celebration/honor of "Feiny's" designation of 'the chosen one'.
              Proof... you are related to Cliff Claven...

Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I wanted to build a book shelf in my den for all my racing/flying books.
                that would be a good general poll question, i.e. how many books in your library are devoted to aviation/air racing? I know that last time I cleaned house, I threw out a lot of "instructional books from the early 80's becaseu I figured all the info was out of date.

That reminds me - I still need to replace my copy of "Stick and Rudder".

Anybody know if it's still in print?

Comment

Originally posted by fenceliner01
                  that would be a good general poll question, i.e. how many books in your library are devoted to aviation/air racing? I know that last time I cleaned house, I threw out a lot of "instructional books from the early 80's becaseu I figured all the info was out of date.

That reminds me - I still need to replace my copy of "Stick and Rudder".

Anybody know if it's still in print?
                  Oh yeah, there are some REALLY good racing books out there. The Kinnert series "Racing Planes & Air Races" is tops. Several Osprey color books on racing: Reno, Reno 2, Unlimited Gold, Reno:Air Racing Unlimited. Don Berliner did a great book on Unlimiteds back in the early '90's. Mustang, the Racing Thoroughbred and Wet Wings & Drop Tanks are essential reading. Dusty Carter's "Cobra!" is the difinitive book on P-39's and P-63's that have raced. Kevin and Nick have done the Griffon Mustangs, Corsairs, and Bearcat books. Even though it is FILLED with errors and smells funny....Gentlemen You Have A Race has great photos.

Just wait until Goss and I finish "Brad & Randy's Kick-A$$ Encyclopedia of Air Racing: A two Volume set." That'll knock all you geeks on your petuty.

Comment

Just wait until Goss and I finish "Brad & Randy's Kick-A$$ Encyclopedia of Air Racing: A two Volume set." That'll knock all you geeks on your petuty.
                    You know we have been waiting forever, how is the book coming along speed?

Comment

Originally posted by King
                      You know we have been waiting forever, how is the book coming along speed?
                      I'm waiting on Goss. All I get is excuses.

Comment

But I always understood that the Sky God was Sybil-estus!

gotta talk to my Mayan history proff about that.

Comment

Oh wait, your right, Feiny is the one who gave birth to the brown twins.

Comment

Originally posted by King
                            But I always understood that the Sky God was Sybil-estus!

gotta talk to my Mayan history proff about that.
                            It coulda been Aztec. I'm always getting them confused.

Comment

I'm waiting on Goss. All I get is excuses.
                              Oh, come on - It's not like you''re posting it on a website!

Comment

Wayne my Boy... it has been great, and I look forward to many more Reno's when I see you trucking up the ramp in over 100 degree heat carrying all that " picture stuff " on your back.

But it is always good to see the " airport dog " when out there.

Thanks for covering all the things you do and having a place to build the racing family that is obviously in effect. Last week was a tough one for us in the Rhino Camp and it was great to get the help of pictures and here all the "Ramp Rats" chime in on their feelings of compasion.

Thanks ol' Buddy...
                                Randy Rheinschild
                                www.Unlimitedair.com

Comment

Working...
                                X