A380 evacuation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A380 evacuation

I don't know what the reasoning was. We were almost to Ontario so weight should'nt have been an issue, we were essentially at our destination. Maybe he never declared an emergency. There was no sign of anything wrong except those blades not movin'. We landed on 3, at Ontario, almost an hour late.
    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

I know how they could have done a faster demonstration...

1. German Cabin Crew

2. French evacuees

Comment

Many years back we pulled a C-5 into the hanger and did a bunch of similar evacuations (with lights on and off). We even had fake smoke to liven things up a little. But, same as with the A380 demo all our Pax were 20something Airman that listened to what they were being told to do... and in the back of everyone's brain was still the thought that it was all just an exercise and not real. Either way, it still provided plenty of good training (for the crew) and allowed us to see some of the limits and problems that can crop up when trying to evac that many people at once.
        I can count on two hands the number of times I've been on "Freddy" when we've had to shut an engine down. Luckily they have all been at light weight conditions and during cruise. And I will say that for most of those times, if we had passengers on board we just said we were diverting (if we even did that) for minor mechanical reasons and left it at that.
        Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
        My Photos
        My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
          Well, 'losing' an engine (as opposed to loitering one) IS abort/emergency criteria. Most likely, though, had to dump fuel to get down to minimum weight?
          Sorry Speed, but loosing one engine on a B-747 is considered an abnormal, not an emergency.

Comment

For two guys to egress the F-15E it takes about 1.5 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin
              Must have some pretty slow initiators on your rocket seats.

Comment

Originally posted by deepsky
                There is a word for that, MARKETING.
                No just going through the same certification process that all air transport category a/c have to comply with that is FAR Part 25.803, and Appendix J, or the equivalent JAR reg for European manufacturers. 77 seconds is a pretty good time considering 50 percent of the doors have been disabled.

Randy when you pull the handles and join the caterpillar club, do you have to file the long form on tax day, or do they just auto-deduct from your pay?

Comment

Do you have a time criteria to meet for a ground (ie non-ejection) egress or is it just assumed that you'll always pull the handles, even at zero-zero?

Comment

Originally posted by chixfly2
                    I was actually in a dreaded three engine landing on a DC-8.

whew, that was close.

? What where you dreading?

Running out of rudder trim?

Comment

What I would like to know is how do you insure a plane that size with 850 people on it. If one went down it would break the bank.

Comment

Originally posted by Dialtapper
                        Sorry Speed, but loosing one engine on a B-747 is considered an abnormal, not an emergency.
                        Okay...but we were talking about the Lockheed P-3/Electra airframe.

So you're probably right. But so am I.

Comment

I'd like to see the stewardess cover that one in the pre-flight safety briefing:

Should we lose power while in flight: Pull the handles.

In the unlikely event of a water landing: Pull the handles.

If we run out of Dom Peringon in first class: Pull the handles

In the event of a loss of cabin pressure, forget about your RIO...Pull the handles.

Comment

Working...
                          X