T-28 on the beach ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: T-28 on the beach ?

Boy, 6570 hours on the airframe and it's the lowest time T-28B in the world? These are definitely used airplanes...

Comment

Originally posted by SCEPTER
      the t-28 is for sale
      The ad is no longer there.

Comment

The plane was dragged down the beach from where it landed. I took these before the Nazi fireman threatened to have me arrested for taking pictures as there was high octane fuel that could explode. Non was leaking and he gave me BS about the supposed danger then called the cops so i wasn't able to take pictures of the other side, however from the news reports and othe pictures the flames made a large fireball as evidenced by the black soot down the port side. Tried posting the pics but the file error comes up as to large. Don't know how to shrink them.

gl3

Comment

I have over the years gotten for periods a great magazine called "Texans and Trojans", which is the magazine format newsletter of the North American Trainer Association (T-6s and T-28s mainly with a leavening of Mustang and B-25 thrown in periodically). There have been MANY articles and stories over the years about the 1820's self-destructive tendencies. A major problem seems to be the old "engine in a can from a 1960s overhaul" syndrome which also affects 3350s and 4360s. Lots of folks have done big buck airframe restorations and then hung one of these '0-timed 30 years ago when pistons were disappearing so why do a good job' motors without having the motor properly redone, and lived to seriously regret it.

Also these are very complex airplanes -- much more complex than a Mustang or Bearcat, and usually have a lot more total hours and a LOT more landings and takeoffs than the WW 2 fighters. T-28s are wonderful machines, but not to be dealt with casually...

Comment

Working...
          X