does any know this mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: does any know this mustang

I can't believe it's Tallichet's old airplane, it's a miracle.
    It really looks good, love the stencils.
    Chris...

Comment

Originally posted by King
      Well, at least there is only one each with those paint jobs currently.

Like I said before, it took two years for CY to convince the bossman to paint the mustang in his colors. Alot of thought went into it before it was done.

The general public wants to see these kinds of airplanes at the airshow.

toetappyguy!
      There's at least a Petie 2nd and a Petie 3rd...possibly more, but they all get lost in the 'blue nose' free-for-all.

Whatever happened to Ed & Connie Bowlin's Mustang that was painted as Glennis? I have an awesome photo of Mick Rupp in Old crow and Ed in Glennis 'going vertical' out over the water...but that was from about '88 or so.

I think that there is at least one Crow and one Glennis overseas as well. Crow is in Scananavia, I believe....unless it has since been repainted.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris McMillin
        I think we all need about five more Petie 2nd, Lou IV in blue, and Glamorous Glennis's out here anyway, NOT!

Chris...
        I hear you,Chris - I posted on another forum that I didn't think we needed another incarnation of "Old Crow" (Jack Rousches' P-51B) and would love to see something like Ralph Hofers "Salem Representative" - Imagine - Natural Metal fuselage, OD topsides, OD Wings, Invasion Stripes, Whitewall tires, Red nose, Red Tail Band, Multiple kill markings, to include locomotives.... (no disrespect to Bud Anderson)

Comment

Originally posted by fenceliner01
          I hear you,Chris - I posted on another forum that I didn't think we needed another incarnation of "Old Crow" (Jack Rousches' P-51B) and would love to see something like Ralph Hofers "Salem Representative" - Imagine - Natural Metal fuselage, OD topsides, OD Wings, Invasion Stripes, Whitewall tires, Red nose, Red Tail Band, Multiple kill markings, to include locomotives.... (no disrespect to Bud Anderson)

I honestly don't think Bud Anderson CARES. I talked with Mickey Rupp quite a bit about it when they made the decision to go from 'Old Crow' to "Samurai'....and he said that Bud wasn't bothered at all....he just wanted to be around Mustangs and have a good time reminiscing.

Comment

I would see more camo Mustangs like jack Hovey or david price mustangs ? Shawn

Comment

I agree with you Shawn -- Cottonmouth is about my favourite Mustang paint scheme (though I know few would agree) and I also really like a good (not too shiny and pretty) O. D. scheme. I'm real fond of Frenesi...

Last edited by wingman; 04-25-2007, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Hey, that's Jerry G*ddamn Janes in the G*ddamn cockpit of that G*ddamned Mustang! I remember the first public 'appearance' of that plane back at Abbotsford in 1978 or so. Drop-dead gorgeous. I had never seen a Mustang look so prestine.

One of the funniest and most 'real' guys I have ever met. Wish he still had a 'raceable' airplane. I doubt the Albatross could qualify.

I remember back when he was racing his Sea Fury, I made an off-the-cuff remark to Jerry about beating the pants off of Howard. About a week after Reno, I get this big package from Breckenridge, along with a note from Howard, saying he had had an 'interesting' conversation with Jerry about me. Inside the package? A beautiful photo of Fury....with the inscription, "Still betting on the wrong service! Semper Fi!"

There was a time when Big Time Air Racing was still 'fun'.

I like RAF camo jobs on Mustangs...but I like the green/grey version better. They're just 'different'....and that is why I like them.

Comment

IF I had the plane. IF I had the money. If I had the insanity and love of maintenance to do it...
                  All polished except serial, stars and bars an stencils. Let the form tell the story.
                  I personally don't care how they are painted, as long as they FLY.
                  Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                  airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                  thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Had a conversation with Larry Rengsdorf at Reno last year about a "oldtime Reno" prank that backfired a bit and led to a young Brian Sanders getting all puffed up and pi**ed off and roaring over to challenge both Larry and big ol Jerry to a fistfight. Apparently Jerry had to hold Brian in bear hug for a while before he cooled off a bit. Something to be said for being an ex professional footballer I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                      One of the funniest and most 'real' guys I have ever met. Wish he still had a 'raceable' airplane. I doubt the Albatross could qualify.
                      Jerry hasn't had the Albatross (also called Cottonmouth) for a few years now. Supposed to be working on something else, and last time I saw him at AWO, he had made the trip on a motorcycle.
                      Betty

Comment

Originally posted by ShermB
                        Jerry hasn't had the Albatross (also called Cottonmouth) for a few years now. Supposed to be working on something else, and last time I saw him at AWO, he had made the trip on a motorcycle.
                        Betty
                        Betty...I can't remember if it was you or Sue Peterson who related a story to me several years ago about 'dancing' with Jerry at a party?

Hang on and LET JERRY LEAD!!!!

Comment

It had to be Sue. There's no way I could reach that high. Bud Granley is my dance partner of choice.
                          Betty

Comment

ROFLMAO !!!!

Comment

with all this talk about mustang paint schemes, i was at the Classic Fighters Airshow at the Omaka airfield in NZ over easter and the airshow had both of NZ's airworthy mustangs and our thunder mustang in attendence, one of the mustangs is in a checker scheme with the name dove of peace.... and for good measure, here are a couple of photos:
                              Dove of peace
                              thunder mustang
                              Last edited by kiwiracefan; 03-07-2010, 04:22 AM.
                              race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon

Whatever happened to Ed & Connie Bowlin's Mustang that was painted as Glennis? I have an awesome photo of Mick Rupp in Old crow and Ed in Glennis 'going vertical' out over the water...but that was from about '88 or so.
                                Isn't that the one that went into some trees after the pilot and passenger jumped? (both survived with minor injuries IIRC.) I'm thinkin' it was shortly before Roush's second Mustang was completed and lead to Jack's decision to fly it as GG3 before later changing it to Gentleman Jim.

Edit: I found the link....

Speaking of Ed and Connie....have they repaired their T-6 again? After the Yeager incident at Heaven's landing it was salvaged and then restored......then apparently Ed and Connie bought it back........then it apparently lost a main tire/wheel on landing and ended up bent again?
                                Last edited by Pick; 04-28-2007, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X