Thunder Over Reno - Official Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thunder Over Reno - Official Trailer

I cant wait to see the darn movie, I dont care that the lead male role is some nebraska beef boy or the lead female shouldnt be allowed to speak, due to blondness...............Its got FAST planes in it.....with props............and pistons...............and they go really FAST..........

Comment

Originally posted by Bob
      ...or the lead female shouldnt be allowed to speak, due to blondness

Comment

Re: Oh dear...

Originally posted by Victor Archer
        Now that's the kind of comments we (as in the air racing community) don't need right now. If we as air racing fans can't get behind a movie about air racing, good or bad and show support for what we love then the end is much closer than I want to think of. It's OK to be just a Bear fan or a Strega fan or a September Fury fan but you also have to show some support everything that is air racing. The people that say, "Oh I'm not going because team X won't make" it or the people that say "Formula 1 and biplanes are a wast of time" or the ones that say "T-6's are just a bunch of slow noisy planes" those people do not help the sport of air racing they hurt it! So what if the acting isn't good... We get to see air racing on the big screen and hopefully so will LOT of other people that will help support the sport in the next few years ahead.

Right about now, SSGFX is wondering what the heck his comment on bad acting had, if anything, to do with everyone's love for air racing? Seems to me those are two very different things...and there's a lot of over-reaction here. I knee-jerked about the movie, sure...but if they want to stem that tide, don't release the trailer. I love air racing not because of some movie, but rather because of the racing itself. IF the masses can catch the true beauty and power of it, and past the wholly ridiculous script, only THEN will the point of it all be made. I would rather this whole project been an IMAX documentary or DiscoveryHD.

Cheesing it up via pseudo-Hollywood isn't going to help your cause, Vic. Hard to accept, but true.

And I apologize post-violation for referring to myself in the first person. I hate that.
        SSGFX, The Wonder Artist

9one8.net

Throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Comment

Re: Oh dear...

Originally posted by ssgfx
          I would rather this whole project been an IMAX documentary or DiscoveryHD.
          Me too!

Jarrod

Comment

Originally posted by chixfly2
            I know where you live, too.

toetappyguy

Marilyn...at the risk of sounding snooty....you sure do know where a lot of 'gentlemen' live.

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
              Marilyn...at the risk of sounding snooty....you sure do know where a lot of 'gentlemen' live.

Jarrod

Comment

Are you going to let Speed get away with that? Or do you know where he lives also? (ducking)
                I say kudo's to the producers and all involved for making the movie. Will it have lots of airplane stuff in it? I hope so! Will it be academy award material? I doubt it. There are so many garbage movies out there that make it rich that I can't help but hope it does OK, no matter what. I know I'll go see it, even if it goes straight to HBO, and I'll buy the DVD for my collection, and probably wear it out.
                Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Hoping that when it makes it to DVD, they include a lot of the 'extra' footage. Making of TOR....would probably be a lot more entertaining.

Comment

But not you.

I never claimed to be a gentleman......

Comment

I know where you live.
                      This is the thanks I get for the photos? "Lighten up, Francis."

Comment

Ohhhhhh what I could say about the making of TOR.... (Marilyn, wheres that zipper thingey...?)

Anyhow, I thank you all for the support of the pictures at least. I could only mold the actors with the clay they provided and IMHO they did fine.

All things considered the shots from the OV-10 are probably my favorite.

Purt-near straight down into the cockpits with the earth whippin' by... Gives me chills right here and now.

Shots of Super so close if I farted Odegaard woulda smelled it. (Could read the number plate on the 4360...!)

My favorite though (CENSORED ) !

Sorry, I can't divulge more due to contractural obligations...

Glad you all seem to like it at least a little!
                        Jerry Beck II
                        Director of Photography
                        1st. Asst. Director
                        Thunder Over Reno

Comment

Originally posted by TOR_DP
                          Shots of Super so close if I farted Odegaard woulda smelled it. (Could read the number plate on the 4360...!)
                          Like this???

http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                          http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Close... (Actually a mighty spiffy shot there Victor!)

But straight on with Bob O's Shades at the top of the frame and the center of the spinner at the bottom.... (!)

Oh, and moving....
                            Jerry Beck II
                            Director of Photography
                            1st. Asst. Director
                            Thunder Over Reno

Comment

http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                              http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor......

Comment

Working...
                                X