X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Browser Version????

Originally posted by Victor Archer
    Same here.

I'm a program user (Adobe CS2 everything, QuarkExpress, Microsoft Office everything...ect.) I'll work on what ever works to get the job done.
    That pretty much describes me, although our professions are extremely different (I'm an engineer, so its Matlab and Powerpoint instead of Adobe). Lots of the systems I use are embedded non-networked PCs running Windows for various reasons- compatibility, form factor, power, etc. My everyday computers and laptops are generally always Macs, or if they aren't Macs running OSX they're AMD or Intel boxes running Linux. I don't dislike PCs, I dislike Windows. :-) I don't consider it safe enough from viruses or reliable enough for my everyday working documents (iow, my brain archive without which I'm useless... :-/ ).

But heck, now that Macs are being built with Intel processors and you can boot Windows with Bootcamp, its not even an issue of compatibility anymore. The Mac hardware, in my experience, is literally in a class by itself when it comes to reliability. I've had 2 Dells, a Toshiba, and 2 Sony laptops go up in smoke, but the worst thing I've ever had to do to any of my Mac laptops is replace a hard drive. Once. In 12 years. (now that I say that, I'll probably blow one up tomorrow!) And the real irony is that those other laptops were mostly office and lab computers that rarely trravelled, whereas the Macs go with me everywhere and are the ones that get beat up and battered.

Apple is a really strange company. It spent 25 years trying to decide whether it was a software house that happened to build computers, or a computer company that had a nifty operating system that geeks like me loved. Then it discovered its really a music player company that makes computers and software on the side

Comment

Working...
    X