Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: P-38 Photo challenge

Are you making fun of me and my memory?
    I would have remembered hearing about a plane crash or crunch. That was after Arlington and before Seafair, unless the MOF had something going on.
    Betty

Comment

Once again......

The FOD ( fence post or cactus ) photo sticking out of Gardners P38 wing tip.

THAT is buy far THE photo of the millenium for RACE planes, IMHO.

Lost the pix files from Pylon 1 or earlier AAFO files.....S**T.

Anybody have a pix of this?

BMarsh

Comment

Originally posted by ShermB
        Thanks, Jim.
        It said they had been flying formation? What was the occasion?
        I was living in Seattle at thetime, but don't remember it.
        Betty
        It was the Boeing Field "Flight Fest". They had it for several years in the 80's. That year, Crocker had Sumthin' Else there, Jerry had Cottonmouth (Sea Fury), the Sanders had 924, and Evergreen had their P-40K and FG-1D. They were doing the warbird flyby portion. Crocker had done some pretty good high-speed runs down the runway, and a few with Jerry. Then he got caught in Jerry's turbulance on short final. I have all of it on videotape. :-(

That show always had pretty good warbird attendance. I remember Jim Landry would have 'Big Hog' on display, and the CAF had the Yellow Rose B-25 one year. Hugh Bickle had Iron Ass (the former Mangia Pane) up at least once. I also remember the RAF bringing in a Shackelton...what a sound, four Griffons making a pass down the runway!

Comment

Originally posted by ShermB
          Are you making fun of me and my memory?
          You know I wouldn't do that, Betty. Besides, who am I to make fun of somone else's memory? I can't even remember what I had for breakfast yesterday! But I do remember some "great" times with a certain really fun lady (but we won't talk about that in here, will we).

Comment

Working...
          X