• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Steve Brown Missing

Originally posted by wingman
    Steve was a really good guy,

and will be missed...
    Truly an understatement Wingman... I didn't get to know Steve really "well" but he always remembered me and came up smiling... that's what I'm going to remember about him.. his smile.. he was *ALWAYS* smiling whenever I saw him..

It's funny how we have friends, friends we only see once or twice a year, yet, they truly become as dear as any blood kin we have.

Steve was one of those special people!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by chrisp51man
      sad day today, he will be missed by all air racing and aviation fans

i looked at RGJ website and was shocked at the disrespect they have shown title " Dead Person Found In Airplane" that is not right i noticed there is a spot where you can add comments we should all post our thoughts on there poor journalism. maybe its just me but that should not be a proper title for an article was disturbing to me at least
      A LOT of newspaper writers these days are very young people. Unfortunately, they lack the browning at the edges that years and many many headlines written bring to a newspaperperson..

I wouldn't be too hard on them, to them, this is just another person... actually, to them, it's not even a person, it's just news...

I sincerely hope that this sort of thing does not become the legacy of what was the best free press system in the world!

Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I knew Steve not only from air racing, but from work. He commuted on us (SWA) every week from RNO to SJC to go to work for AA. It was always a pleasure to talk with him about planes and racing. We shared the same birthday.
        The last time I saw him was about 2 weeks ago or so, and as he got on the plane, he said, "See you next week." He was a pleasure to know. He will be missed by many. My heart goes out to his family. God Bless you, Steve.

Comment

Steve was one of the good guys and will be sorely missed. He had a couple close calls in the past, but always found a way to get back safely on the ground, it looks like this time his luck just ran out. Reno will just not be the same without Steve and that black & yellow plane parked on the north side of the hangar. He always had a smile on his face and was often on one end or the other of some prank, and was always a good sport. As you can see in the photo, we had some fun with his "00" race number last year, and he thought it was so funny he raced with it that way. He followed his dad Stan in always trying to help out the class whether it was launching airplanes during qualifying, loaning tools or getting involved in racing politics. He was always tinkering with his plane trying to get a bit more speed. We saw each other mostly around the races, but throughout the year he'd call and we'd exchange ideas on props & engines as well as girlfriends & wives. We ribbed him about being the littlest guy in the biplane class, but he had a big heart and truly cared about all of the people in and around the biplanes.

Keep Deana and those close to Steve in your prayers.

Blue skies and tailwinds, Steve.
          Attached Files
          Jeff Lo
          Biplane race #13 "Miss Gianna"
          Biplane race #6 "Miss Dianne"

Comment

Jeff:

My condolences to his wife any family. Steve will be missed.

Funny you should mention Steve and pranks. I was at the receiving end of one of his pranks. At PRS 2000, he decided to tell me that the FAA wanted to see me about flying too low. I had just finished flying the biplane course with Dennis Brown in his S2A. Stupid me didn't realize he "jerking my chain" and went looking for Clarence (the FAA guy). After about one minute, He yelled at me that he was joking! Steve got me! Steve helped make PRS 2000 a great experience, and because of that I still want to race biplanes.

If you find out the arrangements for Steve's service, please PM them to me.

Keith Doyne

Comment

Working...
            X