Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Racing history question

Originally posted by jarrodeu
    When I win the lottery I will buy a racer and race it.

Jarrod, you know...you've got to have at least a Commercial rating in order to even qualify at PRS. You might also want to consider someone with military time/training, used to flying high performance aircraft down low.

Hacker is busy in England and can't make it...but I AM cheaper than Skip.

Comment

I'd love to see you in an unlimited Brad!!!

Craig
      "Cover Me... My Gun's Jammed"

Comment

Originally posted by RRMERLIN7
        They first started out in Cleveland if im not mistaking, but they deceided to move the races somewheres else after a P-51 crashed into a house..
        They actually cancelled them outright. Closed-circuit air racing in the USA didn't return until Bill Stead brought them back in 1964.

You can read about it all here:

the history of Air Racing, air speed records, famous racing and record breaking pilots and famous racing and record breaking aircraft

Comment

Originally posted by race21
          I'd love to see you in an unlimited Brad!!!

Craig

Man...now if they'd just let me enter a P-3, I'd be right at home. :-)

Comment

Or put wings on Miss Detroit!

Comment

[.Hacker is busy in England and can't make it...but I AM cheaper than Skip.[/QUOTE]

None of you are "cheap", inexpensive, maybe, unless you are talking about buying the beer. THAT'S when pilots are cheap.
              Betty

Comment

[QUOTE=ShermBNone of you are "cheap", inexpensive, maybe, unless you are talking about buying the beer. THAT'S when pilots are cheap.
                Betty[/QUOTE]
                Ohhhhhhhh, and Betty gets in a big left hook right to the jaw.
                You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                  Man...now if they'd just let me enter a P-3, I'd be right at home. :-)
                  They COULD simulate a few surface contacts, but, I think you'd PO the pylon judges when you start squirtin' sonobouys for those pesky sub-surface contacts! (gophers and groundhogs are active in September aren't they?)
                  Eddie's Airplane Patch-Birthplace of the "Sonic Boom".......and I'm reminded every friggin' day!

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence
                    Ohhhhhhhh, and Betty gets in a big left hook right to the jaw.

Now WAIT a minute. Have you SEEN how tall I am? Have you seen how tall Betty is?

I've taken advantage of many a hug from Miss Betty, and if it was a left hook, it would be a left hook to my kneecap or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by SpinB
                      They COULD simulate a few surface contacts, but, I think you'd PO the pylon judges when you start squirtin' sonobouys for those pesky sub-surface contacts! (gophers and groundhogs are active in September aren't they?)
                      Amazing how they pop out of their holes when we go 'active' on the buoys, though!

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                        Jarrod, you know...you've got to have at least a Commercial rating in order to even qualify at PRS. You might also want to consider someone with military time/training, used to flying high performance aircraft down low.

Hacker is busy in England and can't make it...but I AM cheaper than Skip.
                        I didn't mean actually fly it, I would have someone else fly it. My dad wouldn't ever let me race it, even if I was qualified to. How much do you charge?

Jarrod

Comment

I resemble that remark, as I am definitely vertically challenged.
                          Couln't resist the temptation to make a SA remark to my friend Brad.
                          Of course, I could always stand on a BIG box and reach his chin and maybe get better hugs.
                          The racers have always been very generous and gracious with their invitations to join them in the pits for a cool one at the end of a race day. Love 'em all.
                          Betty

Comment

Originally posted by jarrodeu
                            I How much do you charge?

Jarrod
                            Aparently you've never seen me standing out on Stead Blvd every morning of race week holding the big cardboard sign that says "Will Race Unlimited for Pizza."

Of course, Goss is usually standing at the NEXT corner with a similar sign that says "Will fly ANYTHING for beer."

Disappointingly, nobody has ever taken us up on either offer.

Comment

Always good cold ones in the Warlock Pit....Great people!!!! Even Randy!!!

Comment

Many thanks to you all. There have been more air races than I imagined.

cheers, Boom

Comment

Working...
                                X