Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Hollywood Aviation scene of all time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Best Hollywood Aviation scene of all time?

The movie "1941" When Tom Camp's P-40 lands on the 2 lane road and taxi's up to the gas station. "Capt. Wild Bill Kelso" gets out of the P-40, falls of the wing and tells the attendant to "fill it up"

Comment

The vast majority of flight scenes from Airwolf should qualify for mention, at least before USA network took over production and switched to video/CGI.
      _________
      -Matt
      Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Anyone know which movie this scene is from,

Opening scene with Apaches flying towards the camera silhouetted by a full moon behind them. I can't remember the movie or any plot to it, but it was brilliant camera work.

Comment

Firebirds with Tommy Lee Jones and Nick Cage would be my guess.
          Tony

Comment

Originally posted by deepsky
            Thanks , looked it up and I remember it had a Saab Draken in it. Can't really remember the movie, but I know I liked some of the flying scenes

Comment

OK, OK, so I like sappy movies (as long as they have some redeeming qualities) 'Always' with Richard Dreyfuss and John Goodman. I can't pinpoint just one scene but they're in the air for most of the movie. There's one scene where Dreyfuss drops a load or boraide (spelling sucs) on Goodmans plane because it's on fire after making a drop to save some firefighters on the ground.
              Went to get the DVD cause I couldn't remember the title. In the case was 'The Aviator'. Cool, I have two good movies to watch tonight.
              Scott Adie
              www.osgfx.com

Comment

Originally posted by deepsky
                Oh, I was hoping no one would mention that POS! I saw that one in the theater and what a painful experience that was...

Sometimes there are those movies that seem good at first and then aren't any good upon second viewing. This one was a stinker right out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Propellerhead
                  Oh, I was hoping no one would mention that POS! I saw that one in the theater and what a painful experience that was...

Sometimes there are those movies that seem good at first and then aren't any good upon second viewing. This one was a stinker right out of the box.
                  So I take it you didn't like the movie!
                  Scott Adie
                  www.osgfx.com

Comment

Originally posted by On Site Grafix
                    OK, OK, so I like sappy movies (as long as they have some redeeming qualities) 'Always' with Richard Dreyfuss and John Goodman. I can't pinpoint just one scene but they're in the air for most of the movie. There's one scene where Dreyfuss drops a load or boraide (spelling sucs) on Goodmans plane because it's on fire after making a drop to save some firefighters on the ground.

You just reminded me of a movie I've GOT to see again. That's a good 'un- and the A-26 Invader is my favorite piece of medium iron anyway. Good scene: Borate bombing Goodman while he's sitting in the lawn chair watching trainees make practice runs.

Movie geek question: who likes ORIGINAL version of 'Always?' It wasn't called "Always," though: Spencer Tracy, Irene Dunne, "A Guy Named Joe." I actually preferred the new version. More airplane and flying footage, less of that sappy romance stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by 440_Magnum
                      You just reminded me of a movie I've GOT to see again. That's a good 'un- and the A-26 Invader is my favorite piece of medium iron anyway. Good scene: Borate bombing Goodman while he's sitting in the lawn chair watching trainees make practice runs.

Movie geek question: who likes ORIGINAL version of 'Always?' It wasn't called "Always," though: Spencer Tracy, Irene Dunne, "A Guy Named Joe." I actually preferred the new version. More airplane and flying footage, less of that sappy romance stuff...
                      Yeah, you just gave me a laugh, that scene was really funny and I can visualize it in my head. Goodman did a perfect 'this isn't really happening to me' acting job in that scene.
                      Scott Adie
                      www.osgfx.com

Comment

Originally posted by Propellerhead

I'm sure your right, I can't remember a thing about the movie, plot or storyline, except that there was some good shots of Apaches and a Draken flying around the place.

Hope the memory of the movie didn't give you to much trauma

Comment

hey Propellerhead,

How about Icon ratings for the movies?

Must see for all aviation fans

Great, get your friends together to see it

You'll love it

Average

Watch it when you have nothing else on

Comedy

Got to be a sci-fi fan to even understand it

War movie that makes you proud of your country

Warning, only watch with your girlfriend/wife

For times when you can't sleep, it will help you

Good concept that they ruined

Don't put yourself through it

If you watch it, you'll need professional help or your
                          wife will make you sleep outside for the night

Movie was made by psychopaths

How about it, So maybe Empire of the sun could be &
                          for the scene with the Mustangs

TOR & in anticipation

Dr Stangelove (only saw the part on youtube) &
                          (for the fans out there, a guy riding a free fall nuclear weapon on it's way to impact, where did that idea come from? )

Comment

who likes ORIGINAL version of 'Always?' It wasn't called "Always," though: Spencer Tracy, Irene Dunne, "A Guy Named Joe."

Well, I'll admit, me for one.. I am old enough to have seen it when it was new.. Yea, pretty sappy, but it locked me into P 38's for ever...rgr...

Comment

Originally posted by zeke
                              hey Propellerhead,

How about Icon ratings for the movies?

Must see for all aviation fans

Great, get your friends together to see it

You'll love it

Average

Watch it when you have nothing else on

Comedy

Got to be a sci-fi fan to even understand it

War movie that makes you proud of your country

Warning, only watch with your girlfriend/wife

For times when you can't sleep, it will help you

Good concept that they ruined

Don't put yourself through it

If you watch it, you'll need professional help or your
                              wife will make you sleep outside for the night

Movie was made by psychopaths

How about it, So maybe Empire of the sun could be &
                              for the scene with the Mustangs

TOR & in anticipation

Dr Stangelove (only saw the part on youtube) &
                              (for the fans out there, a guy riding a free fall nuclear weapon on it's way to impact, where did that idea come from? )
                              How about a smilie that denotes a refund of the ticket and my time for "Firebirds". What a waste of Nic Cage and Tommy Lee Jones.

However, for movies I love, "Dr. Strangelove" is just about the greatest movie ever!!! It's in my top ten. It's one of those films that gets funnier and funnier on repeat viewings. Great script, incredible performances, production design, cinematography, direction...

One of the all time great movies regardless of genre! Stanley Kubrick

Comment

I liked watching the O-2 in Bat-21. Movie wasn't the greatest, but it wasn't horrible.
                                Tony

Comment

Working...
                                X