Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This Is A Test

Originally posted by Missileer
    A "Pythee" response if ever there was one. You know it's a "SIN" that things aren't quite in "COSgnment" when you go off on "TAN" like that.

Wow, you have a very triggy way with words! I never believed any of that Hype about Sum of the members here being Squares.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyGoss75
      Well, I know on most R-1340's the penny is the year the engine was overhauled.

I think Dennis's penny would probably be a 2006 as this was a fresh overhaul on his racer this year.

We will have a 2007 penny on "Warlock's" new engine....grrrrrrrrrrr
      For my information (don't worry, nobody else will see this), is your engine fresh motor stock or modified? If it's powered up, how much of a performance increase are you hoping to achieve?

Hint: The penny is from the previous century!
      Scott Adie
      www.osgfx.com

Comment

Originally posted by chixfly2
        I'll guess 1943
        Before I tell you if you're right or wrong, answer me a question.

Just why would you guess that date?

(not to mention that I need to go back and verify)
        Scott Adie
        www.osgfx.com

Comment

I'll guess 1943
          STEEL PENNIES.

Comment

I'll guess 1943
            GAME OVER!

Pretty smart, how'd you know?
            Scott Adie
            www.osgfx.com

Comment

Ummm...It sure looks like copper to me and, unless it's a fake, that makes the penny worth about as much as what it's attached to. There are only 40 known to be in existence, which definatley puts them in the rare coin category. Last known sale was in 1996 for $82,500. (Do I get my Coin Geek badge now? )

What other racers have had rare or valuable coins aboard? Lickety Split has a set of wheel covers with four Krugerrands attached to each cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyracer
                Ummm...It sure looks like copper to me and, unless it's a fake, that makes the penny worth about as much as what it's attached to. There are only 40 known to be in existence, which definatley puts them in the rare coin category. Last known sale was in 1996 for $82,500. (Do I get my Coin Geek badge now? )

What other racers have had rare or valuable coins aboard? Lickety Split has a set of wheel covers with four Krugerrands attached to each cover.

Interesting, I never knew there were any copper ones made.

Jarrod

Comment

Originally posted by Skyracer

Skyracer is right according to the US Mint. This one is either a fake, there are copper plated 1943 steel pennies that were made either as a joke or revenue producers by unscrupulous bankrupt air racers who needed cash for new motors, etc. The photo I took of it has most of the date in the shadow and it's very hard to read but it definately says 1943. On my laptop I have to tilt the monitor just so to see it but I can read the 3 and there's too much space between the 9 and the 3 for it to be a 1930 something penny.

Here it is, you be the judge. I don't recommend the magnet trick on your monitor image to see if it's steel. That's what the US Mint recommends but they probably expect you to have the actual coin in your possession.

Somebody who knows Dennis Buehn might want to give him a call to see if his plane is still in the hangar. If it is, he might want to increase the number of guards on the perimeter.
                  Attached Files
                  Scott Adie
                  www.osgfx.com

Comment

When a T-6 engine goes, it will still have some worth. Mike

Comment

Wow. Long winter ahead.

Comment

Working...
                      X