Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Red Bull Air Race - San Francisco

Originally posted by Mike51
    I have to say that Paul Bonhomme has done an excellent job in the second half of the season since getting a new aircraft (an Edge 540) - a first, two seconds and a third placing.

He also gave one of the most impressive Griffon Spitfire displays that I've ever seen at Duxford a few years back, flying multiple slow rolls along the display line. His aerobatic routine in TFC's Skyraider was a very impressive sight too.

True story, looks like the Americans are getting their butts kicked this year.
    Chris...

Comment

The difference between Red Bull (Boar) Racing is that it looks better on TV than it does in person. They take advantage of that fact when in person they have all the big TV's to help show the action. Now real Air Racing is best in person. Unfortunately, that makes it more difficult to package for TV.

Dan Plunkett

Comment

Originally posted by Missileer
        Three Americans in the top 5 (1, 3 & 5). Don't think that's what I'd call a butt kicking !!??

I must get the latest scoring, then. Good.
        Chris...

Comment

I am having trouble finding the over-all scoring and a posting of the placing by event for this year. There is a lot of beautiful hype on the website, though!
          Chris...

Comment

Originally posted by Chris McMillin
            I am having trouble finding the over-all scoring and a posting of the placing by event for this year.
            If you go to the main page http://www.redbullairrace.com/ that shows the results for San Francisco. Click on 'World Series Standing' at the bottom of the SF results table for the championship positions.

Click on the Ranking / Results tab on the left side of the screen, then you can find results by pilot or by event.

Comment

Working...
            X