Trans FL & Cavalier Aviation ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trans FL & Cavalier Aviation ?

If it is out I would be happy to pick up a copy for sure ... And if not any idea when it will hit the printers ?

RJ
    " Aloha Raptor "

Thanks V.A.

Comment

Originally posted by rje71
      If it is out I would be happy to pick up a copy for sure ... And if not any idea when it will hit the printers ?

RJ
      I believe it is aimed at being in print in time for the Mustang Roundup next year.

Bro???

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
        Bro...you're doin' this all wrong. The answer to ALL these questions should be:

"Buy my book!"
        I'd like to provide a testimonial, without revealing any detail, it will be worth the wait. I have been privileged to read the current manuscript, and while still not finished (some areas are still in both a technical and copy edit phase). It will contain three distinct subject areas with information and photos that haven't been circulated in any other publication or book. Randy has done a good job getting technical information while still maintaining a readable format. He has done a good job of presenting factual data, and engaging the players from each program. He covers enough ground that I could see a follow on book to address the readers zest for more knowledge and questions that this book will open.

Warren

Brad, you going to let Hacker (new call sign Clancy) one up you with a book deal. You better get busy penning the adventures of a sky pig pilot. You know "There is was droning along over the xxx coast ...." just kidding, would like to see you write a Air Racing book

Comment

Thanks, Warren.

Indeed, I'm working on a book manuscript which covers the chronological and technological history of Dave Lindsay's Cavalier Mustangs, up to and including the two different incarnations of the Piper Enforcer offspring.

What is really neat about this project is that I've been able to talk to most of the original sources in researching for this book. The one notable exception is Dave Lindsay himself, who is unfortunately pretty elderly right now. His sons, who were involved in Cavalier too, have both been very helpful and provided much information and insight. For the first time we have firsthand accounts (both technical and anecdotal) of the Piper Enforcers together in one volume.

As an example, Warren's father Tom was the PA-48 Project Manager at Piper. You can bet that whatever you read is accurate and basically directly 'from the horse's mouth'.

If you want to see a taste of what I've written, check out Warbird Digest 9 -- the article "Peace Ponies" is a extract of info from my manuscript.

My hope is to have it published in time for the Mustang Gathering in '07. I'll keep you up to date, but there is still much work to be done and a long way to go before there's an actual book in anyone's library or coffee table.

Comment

[QUOTE=Randy Haskin]The Army did own two Cavaliers between 1968 and 1975, and they may very well have been out at White Sands or otherwise in New Mexico. They were both used as test chase aircraft.

There is one on display at the Air Force Armaments Museum just outside of Eglin AFB in Florida. It was purchased to use as a chase plane for the Cheyenne helicopter project.

They have several nice aircraft there both inside and outside. Including a P-47 that they claim to be in flying condition.

Comment

Is that the Thunderbolt that the Puerto Rico ANG restored to flying condition and displayed at air shows for a while? I heard that the airshow pilot was very good and was not afraid to use a lot of power to perform his dynamic acro display with the Thunderbolt.
              Chris...

Comment

Working...
              X