Clear All

Re: Tuesday Unlimited Quals Part One...

oooooh now that u said it i see it....here i thought i was on to something
    ok im a dork....go about ur bissness
    www.renosection3.com

Comment

Originally posted by paintboy
      The Dago crew will be putting in the pumpkin motor, and if I am not mistaken that was the motor that was in Martin's Ridge Runner III when he was making wholesale passes on most of the fiels in last years Gold race. We shall see what the Great Pumpkin has in store.

Dave
      The Great Pumpkin is rising ;-)

Any word on what let go on the first engine?

Comment

Nothing official, but I heard a few random comments from the crew relating to telemetry and ADI. A perfect motor will turn to slag in no time if something goes wrong with the ADI. Just speculation on my part. Use with caution.
        No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
        http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Originally posted by ignomini
          Nothing official, but I heard a few random comments from the crew relating to telemetry and ADI. A perfect motor will turn to slag in no time if something goes wrong with the ADI. Just speculation on my part. Use with caution.
          I saw a post on another board referring to "... problems that led to" failure of the engine, which makes the above sound plausible.

At any rate, that oil pattern sure looked a lot more like a top-end failure (burned or broken pistons) than anything with the bottom end. Again, this is just observation from 1500 miles from the action, so take with a whole shaker of salt. :-)

Comment

Sounds like you can narrow that down to closer to a grain of salt...
            from C Fowles on mustangsmustangs.net:

"The ADI check-valve did not do its thing and caused the Merlin to overheat in a matter of moments,
            leading to a loud pop and then "Race 4 is a Mayday". No smoke until on final as Dan Martin handles
            the mayday like the verteran race pilot he is.

Dago was on the first timed lap today. She was running good, sounded and looked good up to
            that point. They are working to put the spare race merlin in right now.
            They need to qualify on Wed. morning."

Spare RACE merlin...
            ~Jim

Comment

Working...
            X