Unofficial stuff from UNL session 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unofficial stuff from UNL session 1

The lark is in the meadow, the snail is on the thorn...

Originally posted by glider90
    ~Dreadnought went up and called the clock, Bro had him hand timed in the 445-448 range.
    ..... and all is right with the world

Comment

Originally posted by King
      So Mike may have a 485 to maybe 490 or so, left in him for Sunday and that is being generous. He will be the pusher and let Strega and Dago break themselves and hopefully get gold.
      Call me an optimist (or say I need an optometrist :-) but I think the odds of *both* super Mustangs breaking this year are slim. I 'm hoping Sparrow has the Merlin-eating bugs all squished and both of them are going to run better than they have in years.

I also bet 232 *is* going to push (or even pull?) them harder than they've had to run for a few years as well, so keep the record books handy!

Comment

Originally posted by King
        Maybe I have not been watching very good over the last few years............but that is hauling A** for a IF1................could it be a typo?
        Typo? I thought it must be, so I checked the data for that race and determined that the first two digits were transposed and the actual speed was 231.964 mph.

I've corrected the database for this record - thanks for pointing it out!

Mark Johnston

Comment

Cloud Dancer landed just after dark.... Uh with no lights....
          http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
          http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Oh, he just didn't want people taking pictures of him before he got to the pits.

Comment

Originally posted by 440_Magnum
              Call me an optimist (or say I need an optometrist :-) but I think the odds of *both* super Mustangs breaking this year are slim. I 'm hoping Sparrow has the Merlin-eating bugs all squished and both of them are going to run better than they have in years.

I also bet 232 *is* going to push (or even pull?) them harder than they've had to run for a few years as well, so keep the record books handy!
              This is the kind of speculation that makes it impossible for me to do my job during race week. I should just start taking more vacation days and head for the desert earlier!
              Anyways, if they can get the damn Bear to run (has she finally been shoved into obsolesence by sheer $$ power this year?), that will leave 232 and the Bear as pushers against Dago and Strega. However, we all know Kirch may have tricks stored in 232 to make her more than just a "pusher" (as the Bear is or used to be). Let's face it... This is the stuff air race fans live for. I'm so excited I can't see straight!

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but RARA doesn't begin recording official times until tomorrow (Wednesday), right?
              _________
              -Matt
              Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilnit
                Precious Metal was in the movie mode and never saw her leave the pit.............
                Word today was that Ron did not plan on racing PM, as he wanted to be completely focused on Rare Bear. He may fly it for the TOR guys, and that may depend on how things go for the Bear the rest of the week...

Comment

Working...
                X