Roush Engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roush Engines

Are there any engine builders/experts out there that can shed some light on the problems with the Jack Roush modified bottom ends? Both Strega and Voodo had problems with them last year, but I can't imagine that someone with Mr. Roush's talents and resources couldn't have found a solution by now. Last year on Tuesday after qualifying we watched him crawl on his hands and knees underneath Strega's engine, looking for clues, so he obviously was very interested in what was going on. Is he still building engine parts? I hope he doesn't leave the sport as a guy like him could have a very positive influence on it.

Re: Roush Engines

Originally posted by Rampman
    I hope he doesn't leave the sport as a guy like him could have a very positive influence on it.
    I agree with this hope, but have also heard that Jack is decidedly anti-air racing because of his emphasis on preserving the warbirds. Didn't hear that from him directly though.
    _________
    -Matt
    Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Originally posted by Rampman
      Are there any engine builders/experts out there that can shed some light on the problems with the Jack Roush modified bottom ends?
      There are.... but I think they're REALLY REALLY busy for the next week

Hopefully we'll hear more straight from Sparrow after the trophy is on the shelf

Comment

Well, first, there seems to be some confusion.

What was done at Roush was the crankcases had new main caps fitted and the cases were then line bored and that is all. The term "Roush bottom end" or "Roush engine" is a little misleading as they did not have anything to do with fitting or installing the bearings, connecting rods, or the crankshaft. All that was fitted and installed by someone else. So just keep in mind, it was the blade connecting rod bearings that failed and they, nor the rods, have never been within 2000 miles of Roush's shop so how does that make it a Roush failure?

**moderator note: approved from Unregistered Queue with great reluctance! Unsigned posts of this nature should be taken by the readers with a grain of salt. Accuracy of above information may not be at all correct. Note to unregistered posters.. PLEASE REGISTER and or, at least, sign your messages!**

Comment

Whoever you are, thanks for putting that up-- I have said the same thing several times and no one seems to listen. Welcome to the land of starve the truth and feed the rumor.

Sparrow

Comment

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply.........that was me. (If you hadn't already figured it out!) It was my first visit to this site so I didn't register.

I registered this time but it wouldn't give me access so I guess I'll just remain "Unregistered".

As you stated, and from the note attached to my original post, I guess it's too late, apparently some of them already drank the Kool Aid!!

Glenn Wegman
            Fighter Enterprises
            Indiantown, FL

Comment

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply.......That was me (if you hadn't already figured it out!) It was my first visit to this site so I didn't bother to register.

As you stated, and judging from the note attached to my original post, it looks as though many have already drank the Kool-Aid!

Thanks!

Glenn Wegman
              Fighter Enterprises
              Indiantown, FL

Comment

Working...
              X