Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: no more Hilton

Originally posted by Manonthefence
    I should be there, plan to stay at the Hilton (assuming they honor the booking that is).
    I hope so Nick, bummer if we have to find somewhere else to stay at this late date.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike51
      I hope so Nick, bummer if we have to find somewhere else to stay at this late date.
      If you have reservation problems, you can get a room at the Motel 6 downtown Reno. Last year I waited till about three weeks before the races to get reservations. We stayed at the 6 and the price was reasonable.

Good luck,
      Steve C.

Comment

ill try to make it Shawn

Comment

Originally posted by Air Race Addict
          Yeah, with me! It was nice to meet a fellow "Addict" in the only bar like it. It was nice chatting with you Nick.
          Bill
          Likewise I'm sure, although I feel I fell a bit short on the technical side of the conversation. In case you guys didn't know, Bill knows just a little bit about aircraft. In the end though, we're all "heads".
          You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Awesome! Looks like Saturday night is the night. What would be a good time to shoot for that would give everyone enough time to get back into town, eat, shower, etc?

Race 29
            Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Camping out at the "Reno Hilton" as normal for Camp Rhino. See you guys down there...........
              Randy Rheinschild
              www.Unlimitedair.com

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence
                Likewise I'm sure, although I feel I fell a bit short on the technical side of the conversation. In case you guys didn't know, Bill knows just a little bit about aircraft. In the end though, we're all "heads".
                Yeah? Well I think you know just a bit about boats Nick. So there, HAH! Well, if everything goes okay, I will make the effort to make an appearance at the Pylon Bar too. We'll have to see. Otherwise, I'll see you on the fence. In the meantime, I wouldn't mind meeting up again sometime in the next week and a half. I'll be in Boise this Sunday afternoon and back Tuesday morning. Maybe a pre-race get together?
                Cheers,
                Bill
                Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

AAFO Saturday Night

Count us in. We have to eat somewhere and that's as good a place as any. I agree, our presence in support of the Pylon Bar would send a message to the management.
                  Len_Ashburn@Prodigy.Net

Comment

Hey Len,

From the Indy area as well. Will try and look you up Saturday if I'm able to make it

Warren

Comment

Warren:

You can find me in the little tent at the top of the main grandstand working in timing and scoring. We start early and stay late! We do stretch our legs during airshow breaks when the racers are not up.
                      Len_Ashburn@Prodigy.Net

Comment

Originally posted by Air Race Addict
                        Yeah? Well I think you know just a bit about boats Nick. So there, HAH! Well, if everything goes okay, I will make the effort to make an appearance at the Pylon Bar too. We'll have to see. Otherwise, I'll see you on the fence. In the meantime, I wouldn't mind meeting up again sometime in the next week and a half. I'll be in Boise this Sunday afternoon and back Tuesday morning. Maybe a pre-race get together?
                        Cheers,
                        Bill
                        Ahhhh, that's sweet. Yeah, we can hook up again.

I don't think I can make it on Sat. night as it's the one week of the year that my father and I "vacation" together and seeing as how he can't drink and hates smoke, any bar is pretty much out. Pain in the ass, but I love him so.....
                        You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Ok, cool! It looks like Saturday night, 8pm 'till whenever!

FS, that's awesome about you and your Dad. I wish my Dad and I had a special day that was ours like that before he passed. We'll be thinking about ya though Bud!

Race 29
                          Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Working...
                          X