OT-Favorite NASCAR Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT-Favorite NASCAR Team

For those of you air race fans who follow NASCAR, who's your favorite team?
    Roush Racing
    0%
    Dale Earnhardt Incorporated
    0%
    Hendrick Motersports
    0%
    Joe Gibbs Racing
    0%
    Petty Enterprises
    0%
    Richard Childress Racing
    0%
    Robert Yates Racing
    0%
    Other
    0%

Re: OT-Favorite NASCAR Team

Well, I like DEI in NASCAR..... but i also like Roush because he owns the two Mustangs and helps other Air Race Team with some of the equipment
    W.Hughes

Comment

everham motor sports #9 Kasey Kane I am an old elliot fan
      Jim Adams
      Blue Thunder 2 crew
      Picabo race 51 crew
      Rapid Travel race 75 crew

Comment

NASCAR DEI all the way. Air racing the teams that Roush works with all the way.

Comment

Tony Stewart drove my ugly old mini-stock back when he was still driving midgets........so I have to go with JGR.

(it was right after a rain delay and all of us locals were called out to dry the track........he was bored and figured he might as well make some laps to help out.)

Comment

As much as I like Tony Stewart, I gotta go with the guy who supports the races as much as anybody. Go Jack and Tiger in '06.

Comment

Smoke! That picture of him in that mini-stock is awesome! Here's me in the 20 at Phoenix this year on one of my new boat, just so long as I can talk the wife into it.
              Attached Files
              You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Hey Ryan, you never listed your favorite team, although I guess that really ain't too tough to figure out eh? How's the new engine program going?

Comment

Engine program? What new engine program?

Comment

Leeward/Rousch connection?

Just a little homegrown speculation. I don't want any trouble man.

Comment

That's not new. We've had that for years. No trouble.

Comment

I can understand the desire to support Roush because he owns Mustangs... BUT...

When it comes to building NASCAR engines, Roush Racing was absolutely the bottom of the heap until they formed an alliance with Robert Yates Racing and Yates started building the engines for both teams (Roush provided carburetor tuning expertise, but not the hardware). Roush engines got good fuel economy, but had terrible power (Greg Biffle was always vocal about having the weakest engine on the track) and also were notoriously fragile. I'll never forget the most spectacular engine blow-up I ever saw in a NASCAR race was a Roush car- pistons and connecting rods flying out from under the car as Kurt Busch rounded a corner at one of the road courses.

My favorite NASCAR engine builder would have to be either Ernie Elliott (Bill Elliot's brother) who builds Dodge engines for Chip Ganassi Racingm And my favorite race team would have to be Petty- for old time's sake. Also a fan of Evernham Motorsports and Joe Gibbs Racing.

Comment

Evernham and Kasey are my pick probably because I'm an openwheel fan and watched Kasey come up through midgets and sprints out West.(I watched smoke too,but after meeting him, he's a bonifide ---hole! (I know, he does this and that for charities, which is great, but his demeanor sucks) His teammate J.J. is a cool cat though! No one mentioned the Wood Bros.! True icons in the sport, and Kenny Schrader is one helluva nice guy!
                          "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

P.S. I hope I didn't offend anyone! Just my two cents worth....
                            "Racefuel, It's not just for breakfast anymore!" http://www.twracefotos.net

Comment

J J Yeley is a cool cat. I watched him put a woopass on the entire feild in a Silver Crown race one day. Led every lap and almost lapped the feild. That boy can hustle a car and I'm glad he's running for JGR. It ain't easy being a T. Stewart fan. Ol' Hot Head does some stupid $h!t now and again. However, I'm also a Philidelphia Eagles fan so there you go. Way to bring up the Wood Bros. It certainly wouldn't be the same without them. It would be like the Buick not showing up in Sept. So far as the Rousch/Mustang connection, I've never been a Rousch fan and never really cared for the way he presented himself, but, after last year, I gained a bit of respect for him. When asked the week before the Air Races about why hew was going to miss the first race of "The Chase" he replied with, "Nah, I'm going to Reno. They race P-51s up there." Even behind his sun glasses you could see the twinkle in his eyes we all get the week before the races. How bad can he be?

Comment

Working...
                              X