WILDFIRE???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WILDFIRE???

Hey, is it me, or does Larry the lawnchair pilot look a lot like Wayne?

Wildfire has been around so long, I'd just LOVE to see it fly. All the best luck to them.
    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo

Wildfire has been around so long, I'd just LOVE to see it fly. All the best luck to them.
      I agree. Who cares how fast or how slow, give me two closely matched planes and whether they're at the front or the back they can still have a monumental fight.

Go Team Wildfire!
      No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
      http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

Originally posted by Leo

Brown hair, moustache, thin build... cripes! I better watch out next time some brown haired guy with a moustache does something bad! We all look alike!!

BTW... just read that the guy shot himself a ways back.. He was a Vietnam vet as well.. add another of them to the very long list of Vietnam veteran suicides.. sad.
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

reno has denied our entry based on the fact they dont think we can complete our testing in time for there paperwork deadline. Im assured this is not a ban on wildfire just not this year. Im trying to bring a substitute plane but details are still being worked out . unexpected and last minute.I just had canceled my trip to germany so as to have full time for testing ,well alvedersain
          dave
          www.davemorss.com

Comment

Well...that just sucks!

reno has denied our entry based on the fact they dont think we can complete our testing in time for there paperwork deadline
            [SARCASM] I didn't realize RARA was so intimately involved in the Wildfire flight testing that they could make such a judgement [/SARCASM]

Can you give us a hint as to what you may bring? Whatever it is, I'm sure it'll be coooool
            Sky Critter

Comment

Originally posted by morss
              reno has denied our entry based on the fact they dont think we can complete our testing in time for there paperwork deadline. Im assured this is not a ban on wildfire just not this year. Im trying to bring a substitute plane but details are still being worked out . unexpected and last minute.I just had canceled my trip to germany so as to have full time for testing ,well alvedersain
              dave

That's a real disappointment. Oh well. I guess after all these years, we can wait another 365 days to see 'er fly (been waiting since I first saw WF in a mag in the early 80s).

On the bright side, now you will have plenty of time for testing, troubleshooting and "fine-tuning", instead of having to rush everything and subjecting this new airframe to race stresses before it's been fully tried out and debugged.

Looking forward to seeing Wildfire race next year. Any chance of you bringing her up to the race site anyway for display and promotion purposes?

Comment

One of the messages said they might start test flying on the 12th. Any word on how things are going?
                Brian

Comment

Working...
                X