No announcement yet.

RARE BEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RARE BEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
    Uh.. yea... I think it was those "know nothing naredowell" airline mech guys who haunted the cave night and day for a few years...
    not exactly.
    heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Ta heeee
      Originally posted by matt
      not exactly.
      Hey Peter... Tova sends her love! I would too but I don't need a gay rumor started next...
      Last edited by Wild Bill Kelso; 06-28-2006, 05:52 PM.

Comment

mike, eric, are you seeing what i'm seeing?
        What I see that surprises me is the exhaust scar on the side running at a 40 degree angle to the freestreem. This can only come from vortex flow, and would have to be about 3' in diameter. That's a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGG vortex (lotta drag). Looks like the inlets did not get as cleaned up as we had hoped.
        Eric Ahlstrom

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Foam
          What I see that surprises me is the exhaust scar on the side running at a 40 degree angle to the freestreem. This can only come from vortex flow, and would have to be about 3' in diameter. That's a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGG vortex (lotta drag). Looks like the inlets did not get as cleaned up as we had hoped.
          I think that is from a chunk of bondo that has not been fixed near the wing root. That also was not there before. It just came off a short time ago. Yet another thing Victors pictures have shown me this week. Since I don't ever get to look at the real thing anymore thats all I have to go by.

Comment

A chunk of filler has knocked itself off near the wing root. I think that's what that's all about. Yet another thing I noticed in Victors pics this week. Since I never get to see the real deal anymore that's all I have to go by. But that is also new.

Comment

Eric

We see what your talking about. The wing mod was a huge advancement in aero technology for the Bear. (Maybe someone has pic's of before and after wing mod oil streaks on fuselage). The wing root/carb inlet however has much room for improvement. Next project, you guessed it, inlet unmodification. But hey, look at the bright side. Even with a few (4) cylinders going south we flew all week (plus) long and still managed a few laps above 470 on 110LL. Really not too bad. The Bear is the Bear and we need all the good luck we can get .

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Tech
                Eric

We see what your talking about. The wing mod was a huge advancement in aero technology for the Bear. (Maybe someone has pic's of before and after wing mod oil streaks on fuselage). The wing root/carb inlet however has much room for improvement. Next project, you guessed it, inlet unmodification. But hey, look at the bright side. Even with a few (4) cylinders going south we flew all week (plus) long and still managed a few laps above 470 on 110LL. Really not too bad. The Bear is the Bear and we need all the good luck we can get .

Scott
                hey scott, what's your baseline for your judgement on the supercharger drop in performance? seems like the rise in the amount of excess oil coming out of the supercharger blow-by might have something to do with that, and those four cylinders going south. i mean if you have oil coming out the blow-by valve wouldn't that mean some seals have been blown and you're losing hp there?

too, what about the vortices that were generated by the inlets in their original shape? is there concern they'll return in a big way?

assuming that nothing is wrong with the supercharger and you do get a rise in hp from opening the inlets will it really be worth the three foot vortices (per wing) and the loss of horizontal stabilizer efficiency that said vortices would create?
                heh heh alriiiight

Comment

hey scott, what's your baseline for your judgement on the supercharger drop in performance? seems like the rise in the amount of excess oil coming out of the supercharger blow-by might have something to do with that, and those four cylinders going south. i mean if you have oil coming out the blow-by valve wouldn't that mean some seals have been blown and you're losing hp there?

too, what about the vortices that were generated by the inlets in their original shape? is there concern they'll return in a big way?

assuming that nothing is wrong with the supercharger and you do get a rise in hp from opening the inlets will it really be worth the three foot vortices (per wing) and the loss of horizontal stabilizer efficiency that said vortices would create?
                  Ah hahahahahahahahaha sorry I could not resist.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Wild Bill Kelso; 06-28-2006, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X