Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Movie Questions

Originally posted by speeddemon
    maybe I can get the phone number for Ms. Yi.
    Best words yet in this entire thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin
      Best words yet in this entire thread.
      fighter pilot - casting director, yeah pretty much same mission ducking for cover

Comment

Originally posted by King
        They hook up..............have 2.5 children and live happily ever after.
        2.5?????????????????????? That gal is so hot I would have a rough time stopping at 2.5.

Yeah know I thought long and hard about this. A movie with fast airplanes and a few hot people sounds good to me. I'm poking fun so don't get all wadded up, but you guys read Playboy for the a articles don't you. Personally I think the real pilots that are in the movie will not be such great actors themselves, but hey at least we will have something to heckle them about. So let's all lighten up boys. To do so, and I may get busted for this buuuuuuuuut.
        Attached Files

Comment

and I may get busted for this buuuuuuuuut.

hehe.... he said Buuuuuuuut!

Comment

I too would love to see this as a big spielberg-level project that opens in hundreds of movie houses across the country the same day, but that's not being realistic.

One problem with making a high budget, high quality movie with an academy award winning script is, SOMEBODY has to pay for it. You have to present something that appeals to as much of the general population as possible to convince potential investors to open their wallets , and the aviation world is simply not that popular.

An air race movie that reflects the REAL sport and REAL facts won't sell, whether we like it or not.

If it's going to be a B-grade direct-to-DVD movie, then so be it. I'm surprised that we are even getting this much, considering the lack of coverage RENO gets on television every year. Few people understand the aviation community, and fewer still couldn't give a damn!

And if that simply isn't satisfactory for some air race fans, fine...... Pull out your checkbooks and cough up a couple-hundred-million gazingas or more, and you will find plenty of people who will make an air race movie in any fashion or quality level you wish. Money talks louder than any criticism.

Otherwise, let's be happy that we are getting anything at all related to the Reno Air Races and unlimited racing aircraft, and leave it at that. I personally feel that we have been blessed as it sits....

..... and whatever the final results, I KNOW I'm going to enjoy it AS LONG AS it involves real footage and avoids phony FX flying scenes that defy the laws of physics, like those in movies like Pearl Harbor ( among others ). I can deal with lame love stories and poorly written plots as long as I get my share of real Merlins and Pratts doing what they do best.

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe
              ..... and whatever the final results, I KNOW I'm going to enjoy it AS LONG AS it involves real footage and avoids phony FX flying scenes that defy the laws of physics, like those in movies like Pearl Harbor ( among others ). I can deal with lame love stories and poorly written plots as long as I get my share of real Merlins and Pratts doing what they do best.
              Doggie... I love you mannn!!!
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe
                I too would love to see this as a big spielberg-level project that opens in hundreds of movie houses across the country the same day, but that's not being realistic.

One problem with making a high budget, high quality movie with an academy award winning script is, SOMEBODY has to pay for it. You have to present something that appeals to as much of the general population as possible to convince potential investors to open their wallets , and the aviation world is simply not that popular.

An air race movie that reflects the REAL sport and REAL facts won't sell, whether we like it or not.

If it's going to be a B-grade direct-to-DVD movie, then so be it. I'm surprised that we are even getting this much, considering the lack of coverage RENO gets on television every year. Few people understand the aviation community, and fewer still couldn't give a damn!

And if that simply isn't satisfactory for some air race fans, fine...... Pull out your checkbooks and cough up a couple-hundred-million gazingas or more, and you will find plenty of people who will make an air race movie in any fashion or quality level you wish. Money talks louder than any criticism.

Otherwise, let's be happy that we are getting anything at all related to the Reno Air Races and unlimited racing aircraft, and leave it at that. I personally feel that we have been blessed as it sits....

Comment

oops-that came out way longer than intended! Just wanted the last 2 paragraphs! and a

oh well, JM

Comment

Working...
                  X