• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RIFF RAFF/BEAR

Originally posted by Victor Archer
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............
    We'll wake you up when something happens
    That's a negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full...

Comment

zzzzzzz zzzzzzz
      http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
      http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

That is totally F'in rude Vic. If you have something to say, say it!

This is my bad! I checked RARA and can not find this guys name in

any class on the web site. He has the plane, has the knowledge,

knows the right names, but is apparently smoke.........

But dosen't that apply to a lot of people???

Sorry Wayne, hundreds look but only a few post, I wonder why.

James Scott
        USA Retired
        Air Race Fan

Comment

Victor is just a little grumpy because he has not been getting his requisite dose of atta-boys from his last series of pictures. He'll be fine once he gets some racer pics up after this weekend I am sure.
          ~Jim

Comment

James,

If the mystery pilot has missed racing for 2 years, he has to re-qualify to be able to race. He may have been a back-up pilot for another unlimited, but unless he was able to race in a heat race in the last 2 years, he'll have to requalify at PRS. The names I have seen for unlimited pilots show only 3 rookie pilots who haven't ever raced at Reno.
            And it doesn't show any re-qual's scheduled either.

Comment

Did Riff Raff get her motor fixed yet?

Kenn
              May all your bent wings be F2G Corsairs!

Comment

Totally rude?

I'll tell you what's totally rude- Posting a bunch of bull that you can not verify, just to see what reaction you get.

Just proves you can't believe everything you hear or see in the air racing community.

You've got no one to be upset with but yourself for falling victim to the rumor mill Sir.

Comment

In the pre-internet days, if you were in the loop with an owner, pilot, crew chief or on a race team, you might know a thing or two before Reno. After Reno you then you waited for months to see if your team made a publication.

Today, this message board and others have granted us a means to post and retrive in real time. By the time something is now traditionally published, it is old news on the message boards. If you post something you better be prepared to back it up as there are way to many knowledgeble geeks.

The one thing that still holds true, is all rumors, speculation and BS end when your race aircraft is on the ramp, you have qualified for the field and you complete your last race and collect your trophy.

All the stuff that happens or is reported prior to Reno is just fodder, I like good gossip and let you in on a little secret this is nothing compared to the BS talked by every crew in the pits during race week, where everbody becomes suspect, cheaters, liars, and bums unless they in a slower a/c then they are okay joes.

At the end of the day, it all about the ride in the fire truck and drinking all of Goss's beer.

Warren C
                  MYT-6

Comment

Well I know this for a fact. On May 13th Riff Raff flew at an airshow in Missouri. Has something happened since? Don't know. I know the family who books Riff Raff into airshows here in the midwest. I'm going to try to find out more this weekend. I did not want to post anything until I got some facts.

Comment

I might have actually heard some "stuff" which backs up, at least, part of this info....

Don't be too quick to PooPoo info, no matter where it comes from..

In this sport, what you see happen on the ramp is what you can take to the bank...

I'm currently scratching my chin and the back of my head on this one...

It just might be true..

Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Well maybe we should call Lyle and find out. I bet he has a pretty good idea who will be flying his airplane.
                        Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
                        RIP 03/17/10

Comment

Originally posted by RandyGoss75
                          Well maybe we should call Lyle and find out. I bet he has a pretty good idea who will be flying his airplane.

I haven't given Lyle my answer yet, RG...I told him that I'd make my decision by the 15th.

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                            I haven't given Lyle my answer yet, RG...I told him that I'd make my decision by the 15th.
                            Dang it Speed... you know you were supposed to keep that cat in the bag... Now Lyle will prolly throw the seat at Goss....

Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                              Dang it Speed... you know you were supposed to keep that cat in the bag... Now Lyle will prolly throw the seat at Goss....

D'OH!!!!

Sorry man. I forgot this was a public forum.......

Comment

zz whaa Damn I fall asleep and look at what the Hell happened here .
                                Ah whatever wake me up when the engines start
                                http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                                http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Working...
                                X