Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Last Fri. 5:30 PM

Race 29,

I believe I can corroborate your sighting. Too far away to nail down any details, but your description fits the bill.

I live in Rancho Murieta and am familiar with the Sanders Bros fleet and the occasional Bossman fly-by's of Eagles Nest. I've been known to snoop around carbondale road when the radials start rumblin'.

The profile I saw did not fit any current craft in the area's fleet.

And a narrow greenish beam lit up the ground near a heard of cattle. The following morning, the utters of 3 cows were missing...

I'll keep an eye/ear out and my Canon 20d ready.

B.

Comment

Maybe Victor Archer got a photo "plane".
      Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
      Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Maybe it was "Single Threat"- "Double Threat's" little brother.....
        Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
        RIP 03/17/10

Comment

[QUOTE=Chad Veich]Hmmm, a Mustang, bare metal, no markings, flying near Stead. Could Fence have gotten a quick glance at a newly refurbed LARS/GG out for a test flight?QUOTE]

I sure would like to think that. Way too high to have taken off from Stead though. Unless he did all of his climing headed north before heading back south. Whoever it was, they were just passing through. Who would have that type of plane coming from the Oregon/Idaho direction and be headed for So. Cal.? Doesn't King or Tin Man usaully have the flight info for every object in the sky?
          You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Guys, come on. LARS is nowhere near being ready to fly at this point. (Sorry Race 9....)

I can't say from first-hand knowledge, but its more from the logical standpoint. If it was close, it would have been at the Cleveland Symposium--which is where it was SUPPOSED to be, since Jimmy promised it would debut there.

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
              Guys, come on. LARS is nowhere near being ready to fly at this point. (Sorry Race 9....)

I can't say from first-hand knowledge, but its more from the logical standpoint. If it was close, it would have been at the Cleveland Symposium--which is where it was SUPPOSED to be, since Jimmy promised it would debut there.
              Wasn't it supposed to be put together there(static)?

Jarrod

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence
                Doesn't King or Tin Man usaully have the flight info for every object in the sky?
                Too far back for me to get that information. Plus, if it would not have had a IFR or flight-following flight plan, it would be hard to track.

I'm still looking though.

Comment

[QUOTE=Fence Sence]
                  Originally posted by Chad Veich
                  Hmmm, a Mustang, bare metal, no markings, flying near Stead. Could Fence have gotten a quick glance at a newly refurbed LARS/GG out for a test flight?QUOTE]

I sure would like to think that. Way too high to have taken off from Stead though. Unless he did all of his climing headed north before heading back south. Whoever it was, they were just passing through. Who would have that type of plane coming from the Oregon/Idaho direction and be headed for So. Cal.? Doesn't King or Tin Man usaully have the flight info for every object in the sky?
                  Even though it is not flying that I know of, coming from the general direction of Idaho I would have guessed Risky Business. But I am positive that Rhino Jr. would have said something by now. UNLESS it's a big, deep, dark, secret?????? I mean the last time I checked, things were starting to grow together on RB, and that was a while ago.
                  Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by King
                    Too far back for me to get that information. Plus, if it would not have had a IFR or flight-following flight plan, it would be hard to track.

I'm still looking though.
                    Ohhhhh, I see. It's not like it is going to give me any glory to know who it was. I'm just happy to be able to spot 'em when I hear 'em. Besides, it's been kind of slow 'round here lately. I'm glad I could provide something to chew on.
                    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon

That's okay, it's true.

Comment

Working...
                      X