Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dago sale - The Good, the bad, and the ugly

Originally posted by SCEPTER
    all they need is a full-on sparrow built race motor and they should be able to run in the high 470s or 480s.Vodoo is a very slick airframe even with the stock canopy.

I wonder who is building Vodoo's motor for this year?
    And as we learned from last year even with gun blisters you can give just about anybody a good run even in the gold. Dan Martin made a otherwise sleeper race into a real butt puckering race. Bad Atittude wold be another good example. Fly a good course and you CAN make up for what you might lack in engine or airframe. It's hard to go fast when you changed three zip codes to get around the course on the other hand.(Leave that one alone Matthew!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by FNG
      It's hard to go fast when you changed three zip codes to get around the course on the other hand.(Leave that one alone Matthew!!!)
      Dare I ask?

Jarrod

Comment

all they need is a full-on sparrow built race motor and they should be able to run in the high 470s or 480s.Vodoo is a very slick airframe even with the stock canopy.

I wonder who is building Vodoo's motor for this year?

oh yaaa....they also need Skip Holm....no offence Bob Button but,
        Skip knows how to fly low and fast.That said I wish I could fly like Bob hell I wish I could fly at all.... The only flying I do is when my Dad needs an auto-pilot....wtf

Comment

Originally posted by Warren_C
          If the PC thing was directed toward me<snip>
          I'm still trying to figure out how to project humor and sarcasim electronically. Looks like I have a ways to go, back to lurking.
          LOL... I keep trying to "step in" and have fun and not "run" things from afar..

To be totally honest, I know that *someone* who does not want the project talked about until it's final, either has or is thinking hard about buying Dago...

Those who actually *do* know his/her ID are being tight lipped, which I can respect.

*speculation* and or *dreaming* *wishing* is a good thing about this time of year as it's about all we have to whet the appetite.. I think you'll note, a lot of the extra speculation this year surfaced within hours/days of hearing that Tunica was off for this year..

What else do we have to fill the gap...???

HANGAR RACIN'!!!

So.. .carry on guys.... didn't mean to do a "boss spoke" thing...

So... ya'll hear about the rumor that a woman will fly DR and her initials may be MD?????????

Chew on that one a while.....

Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Dan Martin made a otherwise sleeper race into a real butt puckering race.
            I watch my video over and over and am STILL cheering him on! I never thought a "stock" mustang could go that fast. What a tribute to Sparrow and Mr. Martins prep of that racer.
            One of those great race moments.
            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo
              I watch my video over and over and am STILL cheering him on! I never thought a "stock" mustang could go that fast. What a tribute to Sparrow and Mr. Martins prep of that racer.
              One of those great race moments.
              Agreed. Like the first year Skip raced Tsunami and literally shot past (underneathe) the Bear and Strega on the first lap. Simply jaw dropping for the crowd.
              _________
              -Matt
              Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

I am just waiting for Randy to announce he has sold his Formula 1 pieces and purchased DR and he is going to hire Bruce Bohannon to fly it.....

Comment

oh yaaa....they also need Skip Holm....no offence Bob Button but,
                  Skip knows how to fly low and fast.That said I wish I could fly like Bob hell I wish I could fly at all.... The only flying I do is when my Dad needs an auto-pilot....wtf
                  I don't know if things have settled down any in the last few years, but there was a time when Skip Holm was a name you did not mention around Bob Button. When Voodoo Chile was modified into Voodoo, and had some of the 'untested' mods on it, Skip did a photo shoot/test flight of the plane for Air Comix. In the resulting Michael O'Leary "there I was" showcase, Skip made some rather 'pointed' comments about the aircraft and modifications aimed at Button....and Skip was 'invited' to never set foot in the cockpit of Voodoo again.

At least those were the words that Bob told me back then. But then again, that was back when Buckwheat was still flying her. (Trievermom...you reading this? When you gonna twist his arm to come back again????)

For all I know, Button and Skip could be best drinking buddies these days.

Comment

[QUOTE=SCEPTER]oh yaaa....they also need Skip Holm....no offence Bob[QUOTE]

I don't think you can offend some with a heart like that.

Comment

Can't help myself--- sure is fun to watch all this---------------

Sparrow

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow
                        Can't help myself--- sure is fun to watch all this---------------

Sparrow
                        Well I have to admit to you Mike. (may I call you Mike?) Holy crap the Stangs are back in a big way. I hope you make us all eat our words from last year too.

Comment

No dude, it faded that way from sitting outside! She was never really polished too much!
                          Chris...
                          Originally posted by wolfee
                          Amen!..

I want to see a dark purple stripe going down the Bears sides, and rounding the cowling. Like way back when.

It needs to be the dark purple though.. that light purple just looked old and out of place.

Comment

a little confusion
                            Dago Red-60 Gas Rc Airplane Almost Ready To Fly - Brand New, DAGO RED-60 Almost-Ready-To-Fly Nitro Gas RC Airplane ! The most popular DAGO RED-60 Airplane Engine and Radio are not included Features Fu...

Comment

As long as we are into rumors,etc how about AG,who knows how to fly a P51,in DR & RG flying "Warlock".That should be worth a couple of cold ones.
                              Lockheed Bob
                              Lockheed Bob

Comment

Sounds GREAT to me Bob-

And I will buy the beer! RG
                                Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
                                RIP 03/17/10

Comment

Working...
                                X