Re: Vendetta

Very nice picture!

Jarrod

Comment

Holy cow that is sweet.
      _________
      -Matt
      Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Originally posted by T. Adams
        Thanks for the link, great file showing the progression of the mustang as a racer.

Comment

Originally posted by CG51
          Here is a nose shot, if i find more I will post them. There is also photos in the RacePlane Tech book on Griffon Mustangs.

Yip that is correct, and the photo in the RacePlane Tech book is a beaut on e to, its an air to air from slightly above in the first couple of pages of the Miss Ashley II section...
          race fan, photographer with more cameras than a camera store

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
            Dilley took Vendetta out on the course for practice only and turned an unofficial lap of 435 at very moderate manifold pressure, but when he pushed the engine up, one of the mags went sour and the engine started running very rough.

Overnight they fixed the mag, but in the mean time forgot about changing out the 'old' spark plugs for a brand new set for their qualifying run, so when they wet out on the test flight on Tuesday to check out the new mag, as soon as they went to power, the engine blew...and the culpret turned out to be one of the 'old' plugs that had cracked.
            I have a book where John Dilley is on the wing of his Vendetta-Learstang looking all frustarated with the magneto in his hand. It really was a beautiful racer !
            http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
            X