Unlimited Qualifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlimited Qualifications

Okay...amongst all the 'lovefest" did anyone notice the qualification speed posted by Bardahl Special in one lap today?

BigFoot
    Last edited by Bigfoot; 09-11-2023, 08:26 PM.

It's up on https://reports.airrace.org, which shows it at 444.635.

I'm not sure that tells the whole story. It looks and sounds fast. I have a gut feeling that there may be some gamesmanship, and they showed us what they wanted us to see. I know that Miss A would like to keep their cards close to the vest until Sunday.

The time that Bardahl showed us today covers Dreadnaught, and it puts Miss A on notice that they'll need some qualifying speed if they want the pole. It's going to be interesting to see how the rest of the qualifying goes. I have a feeling that if Miss A qualifies a bit faster, Bardahl has more available if they want to up the bar again.

This could be a fun year in the unlimited class.

Comment

I agree. This could be a great way to finish the "last race". A real showdown on Sunday would be perfect. Bardahl Special is capable of at least 460. Miss A has never come close to that. But maybe this year...

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post
        I agree. This could be a great way to finish the "last race". A real showdown on Sunday would be perfect. Bardahl Special is capable of at least 460. Miss A has never come close to that. But maybe this year...
        Good seeing you today man. Looks like things are going pretty much like we discussed.

Comment

Good to see you as well.

Comment

When does the unlimited qualifying window close?
            Random Air Blog

Comment

And Miss A was not DQ'd for high flying during qualification.. Even though he was higher than Tiger was in Strega a few years ago when he was disqualified. I really don't care. Keep the "love fest" alive!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfoot View Post
                And Miss A was not DQ'd for high flying during qualification.. Even though he was higher than Tiger was in Strega a few years ago when he was disqualified. I really don't care. Keep the "love fest" alive!
                They did... Dennis Sanders walked up to Doc and told him he was not DQd from event but would have to race his way in... there's a thread up somewhere in the forum.. Mark Kallio and Will Campbell have been all over the story.. I've been down with bronchitis, went to doctor today and got meds... Hardly been anywhere out there but I should start feeling better.. Still love ya Marc let's connect

Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I'll look for you. Holy ****...how are you still alive?

Comment

Working...
                  X