This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Race5 View Post

Nope. Current rules say you can only bump after heats. No bumping in the finals.
    Ah. I suppose it only mentions bump in the context of a “heat”. Not extremely clear in the RARA rule pdf I was looking it.
    My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

• Wow…the last Reno air races and this is what we’ve come to…
      "CHARLIE DON'T SURF!!!"

Comment

• Just like old times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kathleen27 View Post
          Mark, how about he takes his love fest of Bardahl elsewhere! Some of us love air racing and don't need the mudslinging! I for one am not there and enjoy the threads and what is going on in the pits. Keep it civil folks cause next year this thread may be about gardening and what our favorite tomato variety is
          Right On
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

• Pylon1_Mark

Please, come back and continue to share your excellent detailed coverage - never learned more about aircraft race preparation!

It's not your fault we have little true information about other racers (just from the "SoCal boys", they're more or less non-existent on social media).

thx
            Gibbs
            Last edited by Gibbs; 09-17-2023, 02:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gibbs View Post
              Pylon1_Mark

Please, come back and continue to share your excellent detailed coverage - never learned more about aircraft race preparation!
              It's not your fault we have little true information about other racers (just from the "SoCal boys", they're more or less non-existent on social media).

thx
              Gibbs
              It's just very frustrating to spend hours and hours and hours of time on a project meant to promote the sport of air racing and get BS pushback like that. There's no need for sarcasm or any of that other stuff. So, when I get this upset at any situation, I take a few steps back (usually a 24-hour hiatus) and re-center. Otherwise, I will say something I would regret. In this case I've decided to put the BS aside and move forward...

I'll post more after today's events,
              Mark K....

Comment

• Thanks Mark, me and my crew appreciate all the coverage, it's been a real treat!

Comment

• Talked to Mr Hisey yesterday right before the silver race. He was enthusiastic and hopeful. So disappointing that this happened. Looked like a clean race to me

Comment

• My grandson and I were in the military display area for the Unlimited Silver heat, and the deadline infraction was glaringly clear. I don't know why that line was taken, but I knew when I saw it that it was an automatic DQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigger Al View Post
                      My grandson and I were in the military display area for the Unlimited Silver heat, and the deadline infraction was glaringly clear. I don't know why that line was taken, but I knew when I saw it that it was an automatic DQ.
                      I believe that is the same lap that he ended up way inside 6 and possibly 7. That would make the turn around 8 impossibly tight and caused the showline cut.

Comment

• That sounds about right. I was paying more attention to his altitude than anything, and the deadline cut really surprised me.

Comment

• From my perspective in A row box seat it looked like a show line cut. His altitude also concerned me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pylon1_Mark View Post
                            It's just very frustrating to spend hours and hours and hours of time on a project meant to promote the sport of air racing and get BS pushback like that. There's no need for sarcasm or any of that other stuff. So, when I get this upset at any situation, I take a few steps back (usually a 24-hour hiatus) and re-center. Otherwise, I will say something I would regret. In this case I've decided to put the BS aside and move forward...

I'll post more after today's events,

Mark,
                            I don't post here much anymore, however I do appreciate being able to read your posts of the progress of people who are still in the trenches trying to the best of their abilities to get a result that they earned. I admire the dedication you showed in sharing this story of that particular team and absolutely believe you deserve more respect than someone junking up your story. The name of the thread didn't invite others to bash the attempt of the Miss America team.

While I personally supported a different team than the Miss A team I would have considered it the height of poor sportsmanship to have been a negative contributor to this thread.

In addition I would like to point out that because someone was a member of Lyle Shelton's Rare Bear Air Racing Team any comments made by them are their own.

Good Job,

Last edited by BellCobraIV; 09-20-2023, 12:13 PM.
                            John Slack

Comment

• Originally posted by Plane Nuts View Post
                              From my perspective in A row box seat it looked like a show line cut. His altitude also concerned me.
                              In same place and the deadline bust was very clear . I said when I saw that to my friends , " Brent what are you doing?!! "

Comment

• Originally posted by John H View Post
                                In same place and the deadline bust was very clear . I said when I saw that to my friends , " Brent what are you doing?!! "
                                Brent ran a good line in the Bronze heat after coaching by Tiger. I was hoping for a similar performance in the Silver heat.

Comment

Working...
                                X