X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kennsmithf2g
    replied
    STOL DRAG
    Last edited by kennsmithf2g; 05-03-2023, 04:10 PM. Reason: corrected spelling

Leave a comment:

• kennsmithf2g
    replied
    STOL DRAG

Last edited by kennsmithf2g; 05-03-2023, 04:10 PM. Reason: corrected spelling

Leave a comment:

• kennsmithf2g
    replied
    STOL DRAG

Last edited by kennsmithf2g; 05-03-2023, 04:27 PM. Reason: corrected spelling

Leave a comment:

• kennsmithf2g
    replied
    STOL DRAG

Last edited by kennsmithf2g; 05-03-2023, 04:27 PM. Reason: corrected spelling

Leave a comment:

• kennsmithf2g
    replied
    Trial post

Leave a comment:

• kennsmithf2g
    replied
    Re: 2022 National Championship Air Races Photos

Leave a comment:

• kennsmithf2g
    replied

Leave a comment:

• kennsmithf2g
    replied

From T6 Quals

Leave a comment:

• kennsmithf2g
    replied

Some days worse then others......

Leave a comment:

• wingman
    replied

A nice look at some IF1 competitors. There is a place for stuff like this that features the pilots in a different way. You sure did get zapped by heat distortion for this series though -- look at the edges of things.

Neal

Leave a comment:

• kennsmithf2g
    replied

Some random additional cropping from F1 Heat 3B

Leave a comment:

• wingman
    replied

Originally posted by kennsmithf2g View Post
    Thanks for the kind words. I don't usually crop to show just part of a plane. Probably the scale modeler in me. That was a completely different wishy-washy photo without the crop. I am probably the worst person when it comes to prop blur too.
    All this is a matter of personal taste and the shooter's intent. My taste runs to details and motion and close up looks, while others prefer the whole airplane and just want a high quality record of the event. More than once over the years I have had customers turn up their noses at a great photograph of their airplane (and of them in their airplane) because the wings were cut off or tail clipped a bit. They preferred a lesser image (to my photography trained mind) that had the entire aircraft. It's all a matter of personal taste and preferences, but I think it's important to try other approaches and ways of doing things, so you KNOW that this is how you want to work.

Neal

Leave a comment:

• kennsmithf2g
    replied

Thanks for the kind words. I don't usually crop to show just part of a plane. Probably the scale modeler in me. That was a completely different wishy-washy photo without the crop. I am probably the worst person when it comes to prop blur too.

Leave a comment:

• wingman
    replied

So do you like it like this, Kenn? I think the crop and the pilot's look of concentration make it a different photograph. Cropping is (for me at least) an interesting decision making process...

You caught some beautiful light for those Sport Class takeoffs. That shot of 777 is just gorgeous.

Neal
    Last edited by wingman; 02-12-2023, 08:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kennsmithf2g
    replied

My attempt at cropping
    Thursday STOL Drag Steve Henry in his Highlander #44 "YEE HAW 6"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X