• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAFO_WSagar
    replied
    Re: Reno Air Races 2022 Qualifying Updates

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    You guys need to find I put Matt originally, brain farting big time I meant WILL CAMPBELL! (RAD2L) he's stuck in a tent and would likely appreciate stopping by lol!! You know I WOULD IF I were there.
    Will Fence Sence is trying to contact you to give you a break from the smoke!!!

Leave a comment:

• AAFO_WSagar
    replied

I checked in on the streaming on Youtube at about 3:00 or so and it looked completely empty... smoky as heck!

Leave a comment:

• AAFO_WSagar
    replied

Originally posted by Matt58 View Post
    That looks like my trailers fridge right now!

The essentials!!!
    You guys need to find I put Matt originally, brain farting big time I meant WILL CAMPBELL! (RAD2L) he's stuck in a tent and would likely appreciate stopping by lol!! You know I WOULD IF I were there.

Leave a comment:

• Matt58
    replied

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
    Meanwhile, the fridge is stocked proper. Meat, mustard. Check. Beer, bread. Check. Good to go.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]26865[/ATTACH]
    That looks like my trailers fridge right now!

The essentials!!!

Leave a comment:

• rforslund
    replied

Looks like the game bird, F-18 demo, F-18 Legacy Flight, and F-22 as the remainder of the schedule for the day so far-

Leave a comment:

• wadeh
    replied

?And it looks like we are done racing fir today.

We just saw Jim Peitz do a second performance. The GB1 is heading back out. And the announcers said that the rest of the day will be the FA-18 demo, a second F-22 demo (it already flew today), and a ?demo? by the Sport Bronze group (I don?t know what that means).

I hope we can get some clearing for the weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Pylon1_Mark
    replied

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar View Post
    Don't know about you Mark, but this smoke makes me less sad about the outcome of the effort to get MissA there. Not at all sad about not being there breathing the smoke!
    The smoke is something I actually never thought about until a few days before the event, and now it seems to be the biggest bad news that's occurred since qualifying started. It was bad enough with all the planes dropping out and Sherman's accident was terrible news, but this smoke preventing the air races from happening is like adding insult to injury. Looks like air racing for 2022 will be the year noted best as "can't catch a break 22". Just a damn sad deal.

Leave a comment:

• Fence Sence
    replied

Meanwhile, the fridge is stocked proper. Meat, mustard. Check. Beer, bread. Check. Good to go.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	EE80327C-CBE6-4D8A-AB0F-551941E6923A.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	251.1 KB
ID:	232262

Leave a comment:

• wadeh
    replied

The course is still open. They just finished T-6 drags. I also just heard a call for clearance on the scanner, but didn?t catch who was calling. I think that it might have been the Honda Jet demo.

The smoke is heavier to the north, so the Unlimited, and maybe Sport, course might be closed.

So far, the only heat races (other than the above) have been F1. It was a fun race. Limitless overtook Fraed Naught on the outside to win it.

Leave a comment:

• Fence Sence
    replied

Winds have not favored us today. There wasn?t enough wind this morning to clear it out. We might get a slight window for something to happen on the big course but expectations are low. We?re really hoping the cold front coming in will push everything south.

Leave a comment:

• Reever
    replied

Originally posted by Lon Moer View Post
    I'm seeing postings saying the race course is closed due to smoke......
    Pylon judges are still out here so..................... 1:15 pm.

Leave a comment:

• AAFO_WSagar
    replied

Originally posted by Pylon1_Mark View Post
    Watching the live feed and the smoke does look very thick, definitely can't see the back of the course. Wonder how many races they'll get in? Shame - real shame. Hopefully it will clear out soon.
    Don't know about you Mark, but this smoke makes me less sad about the outcome of the effort to get MissA there. Not at all sad about not being there breathing the smoke! I cough all the time anyway due to inhaling some of just about everything that I swallow.

Sounds like it's even worse than last year!

Leave a comment:

• shadow
    replied

F1 in the air now.

Leave a comment:

• Matt58
    replied

According to the announcers, the F-1s are tentatively scheduled for a 1230 PST start

Leave a comment:

• Fence Sence
    replied

Getting worse near the grandstands. Hopefully one last little pocket to clear out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X