• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desertdawg
    replied
    Re: Reno 2021 photo thread.

Originally posted by wadeh View Post
    Here are the rest of them that I wanted to post.

These are from my seat in the stands, just behind and to the left of the announcers. I didn't spend much time taking pictures this year. I only brought the DSLR on one day and mainly wanted to work on capturing prop blur. For the F35, I wanted to catch some mach diamonds and contrails.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26041[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26042[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26040[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26045[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26044[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26043[/ATTACH]
    Wade,

Thanks for sharing. Prop blur is a fun thing to chase. I'll take 500 and wow, that one that just nails it keeps me chasing more. The digital age works in our favor, the old days of buying 36 shot rolls of film and a week later after they were processed was a bummer and hard on the wallet.:-)

Leave a comment:

• Desertdawg
    replied

Deleted duplicate reply
    Last edited by Desertdawg; 09-24-2021, 04:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wadeh
    replied

Here are the rest of them that I wanted to post.

These are from my seat in the stands, just behind and to the left of the announcers. I didn't spend much time taking pictures this year. I only brought the DSLR on one day and mainly wanted to work on capturing prop blur. For the F35, I wanted to catch some mach diamonds and contrails.

Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0822.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	231708Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0834.jpg
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	231709Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0812.jpg
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	231707Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0910.jpg
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	231712Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0857.jpg
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	231711Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0846.jpg
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	231710

Leave a comment:

• RAD2LTR
    replied

Will

Leave a comment:

• kennsmithf2g
    replied

From Heat 3A

Leave a comment:

• kennsmithf2g
    replied

From Heat 3A

Leave a comment:

• AAFO_WSagar
    replied

Wade, I think that's the problem. (saving at highest quality) just save a copy in the "save for web" quality, it's what I do with my stuff here and it seems pretty good...

You can also do what a lot of guys are doing, upload to some photo site and link to the photos.. the posts with thumbnails are hosted here, the ones that are large on in the post, are hosted elsewhere and "in line" linked in the message..

Ideally, once you successfully upload a photo, see what the size (pixels) that the message board software resizes it to.. then since you have photoshop, resample/resize the photo to the size the server shows it as, then save for web... That way YOU control the resize for web viewing options rather than letting the server's limited ability do it for you... (it does a pretty decent job though)

If I didn't limit the upload file size, I think it chokes the program... again, when I set all this stuff up, I had a lot more knowledge of what in hell I was doing.... My fixit skills remained intact, I can still diagnose mechanical problems and either fix or re-engineer or both... my web skills, self taught much later in life than the fixit stuff, mostly gone..

Sucks!

Leave a comment:

• wadeh
    replied

Thanks, Wayne.

Since your changes, I no longer see the quota information, so I suspect that was a part of the issue.

I'm still having problems uploading, though. The error message is simply the file name, followed by the text "Upload of file failed", with no further information or error code.

I suspect that the problem is the size of the files. I did just a quick pass through Photoshop to crop and make some minor adjustments. When I saved them, though, I picked maximum quality for the JPG's. That's giving me files somewhere between about 500KB and 800KB. I can go back and significantly reduce the file sizes and I would bet that will make things work better.

Oh, and I thought that I'd mention that I did not intend to turn this thread into a product support session. If you want to delete the post, and others that are not actually sharing images, that would be fine with me.

If I have further problems after reducing the file sizes, I'll start a new thread.

Thanks again,
    -Wade

Leave a comment:

• AAFO_WSagar
    replied

OK... What I said earlier about file size that it will accept, there is a limit but it's really pretty big, the program just does not like to handle REALLY big images... again, it resizes them to the dimension that they display at when you click on the thumbnail...

That said.. I figured out what I did to make it so Dawg could upload more... I had a lower limit set to the usergroup "registered_member" and unlimited for usergroup "senior"...

I just set it to unlimited for registered_member as well... I believe that will fix..

Leave a comment:

• AAFO_WSagar
    replied

Originally posted by Desertdawg View Post
    That happened to me years ago, send Wayne a email and he can reset your limit so it is higher.
    Boy how I wish I could remember what I did for Dawg.. As far as I can tell by looking at the settings, I don't have a limit set for total amount of photos but there is an upload file size limit of 5045330 bytes... used to be able to convert that too mb real quick but forgot the formula.. (I'm not joking when I say I lost a LOT of memory and skillsets with these damn seizures)

The board automatically resizes the image to a decent web viewable size (in bytes/mbs) I suspect what's happenin' is that you're trying to upload a file that's above the size limit... Not sure how big the program can actually handle, we may be at max but it's better to resize them with Photoshop (there are free versions now) or some other good program. PS's save for web option is a really good one. It automatically sets compression to optimum making it very easy for the program here to accept...

What was the message you got again?

Leave a comment:

• Desertdawg
    replied

Thanks Desertdawg!

I took a look at the steps that you posted. It seems that the issue is that I have a quota of 976.6KB, with 736.0 used (including one old image that I must have posted years ago).

I suspect that if I delete the images shown there, that the links in the associated posts will be broken.
    That happened to me years ago, send Wayne a email and he can reset your limit so it is higher.

Leave a comment:

• wadeh
    replied

Thanks Desertdawg!

I took a look at the steps that you posted. It seems that the issue is that I have a quota of 976.6KB, with 736.0 used (including one old image that I must have posted years ago).

I suspect that if I delete the images shown there, that the links in the associated posts will be broken.

Leave a comment:

• RAD2LTR
    replied

Enjoy,
    Will

Leave a comment:

• Desertdawg
    replied

I've never posted a photo here before, so here is a test to see how it works.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26028[/ATTACH]

This seems to work, but I don't know how to get many images attached, like some of the other posts that I've seen. When I attempt to attach another image, I either get an error that the upload failed, or I get an error that I have exceeded my quota...
    Cool, thanks for sharing.

Once you create a thread place the cursor where you want the photos to place. Heres the screen shots for the steps. You can attach up to 20 per thread, keep them around 1mb, once you have all off them uploaded and in the lower attachment window, select "insert inline" make sure sure each attachment is checked.

Leave a comment:

• wadeh
    replied

I've never posted a photo here before, so here is a test to see how it works.

Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0792.jpg
Size:	503.5 KB
ID:	231706

This seems to work, but I don't know how to get many images attached, like some of the other posts that I've seen. When I attempt to attach another image, I either get an error that the upload failed, or I get an error that I have exceeded my quota...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X