new racers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pony Express

That's the puppy (er, Pony) alright! I last saw it at Mesa at the warbird show I think in April 1986. It was all black then a bit more threatening looking.
    Can I use your photos when I do the series of articles Cahd?

Comment

am I the only one who cant see the pics in chads last two posts?

Comment

Chad's pics

It is a bit strange. Maybe Tony D. was experimenting with some stealth technology on the Pony because Chad's pictures seem to come and go with no reason.

You know, if race #3 did have that stealth to go with its six cylinder power he cut pylons at will and stay up with the Big Iron.

Comment

I can't see the pics either. I've seen Pony Express before, but still would like to see the pics. Weird.

Bill
          Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
          Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Originally posted by W J Pearce
            I can't see the pics either. I've seen Pony Express before, but still would like to see the pics. Weird.

Bill
            Not really weird, they probably have "anti leaching" written into their system. Places that offer free or very low price hosting, especially for images, will often do this so that you can't buy or get their plans and then have another website that you make your image calls from/to the free/low price system..

If you right click the images, then properties, you will see the actual address of them, if you copy paste that into your address bar and hit enter, you'll see the images, and also you'll put them in your browser cache. Then, like magic, they will also appear in the forum pages, because now, your browser is actually calling the images from cache, not the net...

Just how it works..

Wayne
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

new racers

I'm a bit late to this thread. But--In 1997, a new airplane was at Reno. Race number 95, The Legend. I remember talking to one of the crew in the pits. I asked if they were racing this year, and he said yes. Then he went on to say, " were racing this year, but didn't qualify." Doesn't sound like racing to me. ( This was on Thursday morning) There were stories written about the airplane leading up to Reno. It wasn't too long after the races that I read the airplane was being converted to a turbine engine. I always wondered if it's Reno preformance led to the engine change.

Also that year, Thunder Mustang #25 qualified at 338mph and missed the cut by a couple of places. I think Dave Morss was the pilot.

Comment

The Legend in 1997

The #95 Legend did post a qualifying speed in 1997, in the high 200s, which was way behind the 338.271 of the #25 prototype Thunder Mustang. I believe they asked to have the speed removed for obvious business reasons. In any case it quickly dissappeared off the boards in public view.
                The turboprop version of the airplane appeared some time later and most buyers have opted for that configuration. A few were being built, last I heard, with the V-8 powerplant. Hopefully at least one will find its way into Sport Class racing. I am sure the beautiful design has potential to demonstate far better speeds if that happens.

Comment

Sorry for the problems with the pics guys. I'm a new Webshots user! Here is the address to the page with the pics: http://community.webshots.com/script...umID=118846795

Lowell, feel free to use the pics any way you like. I have dual prints if you would like a hard copy. Somebody with more Photoshop skills than I have could probably clean them up a bit better.

Wayne, I registered with the site yesterday but never received the email to activate my account. Now I can't post under my user name of "Chad Veich". Any tips?

Comment

I just went into the cp and it shows you as a member. I had your confirmation email sent again, it may be that you've got your aol filters set to too high and they are tagging the emails as spam..

Wayne
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I got your email Wayne and I logged in and changed my password. However, when I try and reply the system tells me I am not authorized to do so despite being logged in.

Comment

Originally posted by C Veich
                        I got your email Wayne and I logged in and changed my password. However, when I try and reply the system tells me I am not authorized to do so despite being logged in.
                        Chad, try again... it still had you listed as not confirmed.. meaning, I think we confused it by resetting password. I should have resent the confirmation email instead..

Try it again..

There is no reason that it would not work... you may have to clear cookies, http://www.aafo.com/hangartalk/misc....1#clearcookies

Wayne
                        Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

stealth pics

......shows signs of maybe being there,but no pics here either....

......(red cross shows....are they wounded ?)

Comment

Well I tried to fix it but....
                            http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
                            http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Seems to be working now Wayne, thanks for your help.

Victor, the pic looks a bit better. The original photos are not great so I'm not giving you much to work with in the first place!

Comment

Working...
                              X