• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint scheme...

I like it....

Comment

Miss A

I like it too!!!

I think the waving stripes are a great addition to the tail!

Go Brent!

Jeff Lee

Comment

Re: GS How are ya

Originally posted by rwflyboy
        Glenn....I surley appreciate the ride back to camp Risky (Bad attitude) on the cart via the flight line...got some shots...Surely appreciate it...hope to see ya Reno next year....
        RJ,

Doing well and thanks for asking. Always happy to help someone like you. I appreciate your understanding of the situation we all get in there. Having to deal with all of the ever changing rules we have to uphold while out there.

Love the job, got promoted...can't believe how cool it all is. I could do this forever!

You know where I am, shoot me an e-mail once in a while and let me know how you and the family are doing.

Tell yer Bro we said hello from OKC.

Glenn

Comment

Maybe they should get an artist to trim out the "waving stirpes on the tail" so they look like waving stripes instead of crooked lines. On the otherhand, maybe they are supposed to look like "crooked lines on the tail".

Comment

Who ever did the paint did a really nice job, but I have mixed feelings about it.
            YEp. I think I felt the same way the first time I saw flames on Dago Red (kelp? LOL!). I also felt a sense of loss the first time I saw Ol' Yeller WITHOUT "Rockwell" plastered down the side.....Guess we have to flow with the tides of change.....

Does anyone else feel that it's time for MISS-A to be transformed into a full-fledged racer like Dago/Strega? Clip the wings, change the canopy, slick it up, and give that fine ol' lady a chance to wear the crown for a change.

Comment

Wow!!!!!!!!! That new paint scheme rocks!!!!!!! Really enhances the scheme, unlike what they did to Dago, which I still don't like. The Miss A kind of looks like the British Airways tails.

JH

Comment

Originally posted by AirDOGGe
                YEp. I think I felt the same way the first time I saw flames on Dago Red (kelp? LOL!). I also felt a sense of loss the first time I saw Ol' Yeller WITHOUT "Rockwell" plastered down the side.....Guess we have to flow with the tides of change.....

Does anyone else feel that it's time for MISS-A to be transformed into a full-fledged racer like Dago/Strega? Clip the wings, change the canopy, slick it up, and give that fine ol' lady a chance to wear the crown for a change.
                To be honest, I was hoping for a full race canopy after the rebuild of Miss A. With the airframe slicked up for a shot at the GOLD.

But, it's not my check book. And what Doc Hisey has done with Miss A is just FANTASTIC! To get that aircraft back in the air, in that amount of time, is just AMAZING.

Reever

Comment

Not gonna happen...my opinion

Originally posted by AirDOGGe
                  Does anyone else feel that it's time for MISS-A to be transformed into a full-fledged racer like Dago/Strega? Clip the wings, change the canopy, slick it up, and give that fine ol' lady a chance to wear the crown for a change. [/B]
                  AD,

Brent loves to give rides to his friends. If he does cut the canopy down and go to a single seat, it takes away that benefit of having the mustang with 2 seats.

Just my opinion, but knowing Brent, it won't happen anytime soon.

The wings are already clipped and the rest is pretty much all slicked up. The radiator scoop and wing tips are from Samuri, the motor is high performance, the new prop is the cuffed bladed unit they wanted for so long. I would bet she will do as well as Risky ever did. She has all of the performance mods Risky had to the best of my knowledge. Maybe more.

Glenn Bloom

Comment

The wing tips are from Jim Michaels who raced Queen Bee. The scoop is from me; I originally got it from Mickey Rupp. I modified the scoop to be more like a P-51H version rather than a P-51A, thereby removing the boundary layer into the scoop. I still have Mickey's wing tips............maybe someday........

Comment

Going by what I was told...

Vlado,

I was just going by what Larry and Greg told me.

Glenn

For those who want to see what she would look like single seat...

Comment

Miss A

Isn't Photoshop a fun tool!

Jeff

Comment

Paintshop Pro

Jeff,

Yes it is, but I used Paintshop pro.

Glenn

Comment

Working...
                          X