Greenmeyer homebuilt Racer??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered
    Lastly, Thanks Wayne for this site. As appreciation let me know if you need "passes", I may be able to help.
    Herb,

thanks for the pats.. and, if yer talkin "buddy passes"... !!!!!

There are several things I'm not able to "look into" due to not being able to fly "non rev" as are some others...

I have to budget my travel, as my "retirement income" does not allow me to go *anywhere* unless I earn the funds from my activities.. so...

Man.. if yer talkin buddies... you have my complete attention!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Scotty, Wayners, & Markster....

Sheesh....if I didn't know any better, I'd say the three of you were an old married couple (albeit, in one of those strange, twisted kind of arrangements the Bush Administration wants to constitutionally ban). The more things change, the more things stay the same. But I can feel the love in the air, that's for sure.

You know, I think that during qualifying at Reno this year, we all need to pile into Wayne's pickup and head out to the road. We can sit on the tailgate, pop a few cold ones, tell some lies and log some hangar time (which counts as 'half' in the log book, Scotty) and watch the airplanes go by. No cameras, no modems, no websites, no copyrighted material. Just 'the guys', beer, and planes.

Hell, we could even invite Da Bear out to join us--that is, if he's not found hanging from a noose from those new high-tension power lines leading to the new Stead/Lear Memorial Business Park. Wingman can come too, as long as he promises not to 'drop-trou' like he did on the ramp a couple years ago (still have nightmares about that). Bucky can come too...but I don't have any good dirt on you.

Once upon a time it was fun. We all got along. We all were there for the same purpose, and it felt like we were all on the same 'team'. At the risk of sounding like Rodney King, 'can't we all just get along?' Let's just let bygones be bygones and remember what it used to be like.

You guys up for it? I'm in.

And remember....'what happens in the truck, STAYS in the truck.'

Brad the Prospector

Comment

Hi gang,

I'm torn about posting here, but I'm going to do it - probably for the last time.

First of all, I have already wrote Wayne and Mark about the deal. I asked Mark what the chain of events were, and who has claimed that they are theirs. No response on that yet. I told Wayne it wasn't an attack on him. I can see where my ready, fire, aim was too quick.

I could have right clicked the photos to see where their physical location was. That would have solved half the problem. I just didn't think of it at the time.

I made a claim that they were my photos. Given the past, why would I come here to intentionally stir up a hornet's nest? It doesn't do me any good, and it sure doesn't do anybody else any good. If somebody says they are theirs, then they can go ahead and prove it. In the meantime, I'll look for my shots. If *you* want to, go ahead and take a look at the June 1995 issue of Air Classics magazine and make up your own mind.

Back when I did not have a site, and Mark was running P1, I submitted a lot of stuff to him. The dates, details and such are lost to time. I'm not saying Mark did anything intentionally wrong, either. Could be an honest mistake. Providing the name of the "anon" person would help (privately).

I was set off because copyright is an important issue. People like Wayne try and make a living off of this stuff. For me, it's merely beer money. It really doesn't matter, although I am under contract for those photos, and part of the agreement is that they may not appear anywhere else. Yes, I am protective of my photos and my work.

More importantly, since photogs and writers get paid so little for what they do - in my own way it is protecting those people's ability to make a buck without having to always look over their shoulder. If they come after me today, they will come after you tomorrow.

Shockwave photos are few and far between. I happen to have spent several hours with Darryl in '95 interviewing him and taking shots of the racer. Big whoop.

The other issue I would like to address are the posts flaming me. Thanks for the input, Mr. Sohn. I find it laughable that you have no idea who I am, have never been around me, yet are able to make such a judgement call based on my fast reaction to this post of my photos. Sure, I should have done it better, but it is what it is. I look better in the black hat, anyway. Feel free to contact me and have an adult discussion about it, but I doubt you are whom you say you are. WarbirdAeroPress@cox.net

There was one other poster that thought I should be willing to share the photos. Allow me to make a point - how about I come over to your house and share your stuff? Got a boat? Can I use it for free? No? I'm being playfully sarcastic here, but I think you get the point.

I run a racing site, and the amount of material I share is staggering. From the Emil Strasser photos, to Gerry Liang's and mine, and several other contributers... It's all *about* sharing. My site is free, as is AAFO. You want to make a bone about three photos? C'mon. I also share my photos with several authors for their air racing books. My request for payment? Nada.

As a gesture to Wayne, I edited my posts down to nothing. I did not try to antagonize him, and I have told him this. Whether he belives me or not is his business. Mark could have simply forgotten who sent him the pics. I don't know what the real deal is. I wish I could have responded to this better, but it is what it is.

Thanks, and goodbye. "I'm not going away mad, I'm just going away..."
        Scotty G

Comment

Not good....

Originally posted by Scotty G
          Hi gang,

<snip>

If they come after me today, they will come after you tomorrow.

<snip>

Thanks, and goodbye. "I'm not going away mad, I'm just going away..."
          I guess I can relate to Scotty G.'s dilemma better than some.

In another post on the site someone suggested a few beers on a tailgate watching the planes and without any rancor... I'd offer the beer, cold from the fridge, on the observation deck of our offices at the airport, but the beer, the fridge, the deck and the building it was attached to seem to have gone missing. Fancy that.

There's more truth to the first quote than you realize, but I'll disagree that the second solves anything. It's the ability to address problems that will ultimately resolve them, whether it be private (preferred) or public (if necessary). Walking away won't do it. Nobody in this sport has ever been shown to be thin-skinned; the facts surrounding this picture-posting affair are what they are, and it looks like every effort is being made to bring them to light. Whatever they may be, the people involved have records of being big enough to make it right.

This isn't the time for division; this sport is going to need unity, some revamping, and active participation in fixing its problems in order to survive. That IS, after all, why folks look here and elsewhere, isn't it? I won't do the 'Why can't we all get along' stuff. That'll never happen with passionate and opinionated people. But establishing a common goal for a common interest certainly is achievable. Time to prove the post that stated Air Racing Is Dead absolutely, finally, and totally WRONG.

Like that great line: Too close for missles, switching to guns.... How about training those guns on the people doing dirt on the sport rather than back on yourselves?

Flames welcome:

Comments@Reno-SteadAirport.com

MAE

Comment

Re: Scotty, Wayners, &amp; Markster....

Originally posted by Unregistered
            Wingman can come too, as long as he promises not to 'drop-trou' like he did on the ramp a couple years ago (still have nightmares about that).
            Oh, now I think that deserves a little clarification Welcome to your nightmare bro LOL
            Attached Files
            Mark K....

Comment

Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Scotty - I hear you... but there is really no need for unneccessary posturing here. I did delete the photos off of the net as you requested, Wayne deleted the pics from the message board. If that was all you were tying to do, it's been done.

You said it best...
                If somebody says they are theirs, then they can go ahead and prove it.
                The issue of ownership was questioned - so being the party claiming foul it isn't outside the realm of acting reasonably or rationally to ask you for the proof. I just offered a suggestion to post it here, and only because you made the issue a public one. Since you seem to be unable to do so - then it's OK to resolve this privately. Take the rest to email or PM. Nuff said.
                Mark K....

Comment

hey mark, you darn well better make it to reno or atleast prs this year! i need my smokin' buddy back!

hehehe, good to see you online more often.

matt
                  heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Ahhhhh

You know, I think that during qualifying at Reno this year, we all need to pile into Wayne's pickup and head out to the road. We can sit on the tailgate, pop a few cold ones, tell some lies and log some hangar time (which counts as 'half' in the log book, Scotty) and watch the airplanes go by. No cameras, no modems, no websites, no copyrighted material. Just 'the guys', beer, and planes.
                    And if it's hot, come on over the hill into Cold Valley and we'll sit by the pool and watch them in the evening.

Peace guys

Leo
                    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Re: Ahhhhh

Originally posted by Leo
                      And if it's hot, come on over the hill into Cold Valley and we'll sit by the pool and watch them in the evening.

Peace guys

Leo
                      Hey Leo, you better watch out... one of these days, you're gonna get taken up on that... lock up your ladies and your fridge!

It's amazing how thirsty a guy can get out on the desert all day!

Wayne
                      Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

taken up

The pool is cool and the fridge open!
                        And during race week and PRS I'm out there in a lawn chair with a cold one anyway, so the lady(s) won't even notice the crowd...
                        Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                        airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                        thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Re: Re: Scotty, Wayners, &amp; Markster....

Originally posted by Cobra
                          Oh, now I think that deserves a little clarification Welcome to your nightmare bro LOL
                          Sorry but I can't resist and I am *NOT* meaning to pour fuel on anyone's fire but Mark Mark Mark.... we know you posted that because you know NOBODY's gonna claim ownership to THAT photo

OK OK... now.. I'm sincerely hoping everyone takes the above as it's intended! HUMOR!!!!!!!

Wayne
                          Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: Re: Scotty, Wayners, &amp; Markster....

Originally posted by Cobra
                            Ah, secret Reno unveiling of a single-tube pulse detonation engine...go faster, eat more beans! Now, where's that NO2 button?
                            Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                            World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Scotty, Wayners, &amp; Markster....

Originally posted by Peashooter
                              Ah, secret Reno unveiling of a single-tube pulse detonation engine...go faster, eat more beans! Now, where's that NO2 button?
                              LOL.... if you know Wingman, you know how true your statement!!

Wayne
                              Wayne Sagar
                              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Doesn't every photographer strive to get those shots of the moon rising over the ramp at Reno?

Hello Brad -- I'm in.

And Leo -- We have to meet!

The Wingman

Comment

Working...
                                X