Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fleet Week San Francisco Oct 8-12, 2015. Blue Angels, Patriots Jet Team, 747 Demo +

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fleet Week San Francisco Oct 8-12, 2015. Blue Angels, Patriots Jet Team, 747 Demo

It's sunny and clear at show center. The 6 way Patriot team is flying.

Comment

Re: Fleet Week San Francisco Oct 8-12, 2015. Blue Angels, Patriots Jet Team, 747 Demo

Originally posted by SkyvanDelta View Post
      The 747 did NOT fly on Friday. There was a 2 engine commercial jet flying instead. The 747 just flies around the 5 mile area between the Golden Gate Bridge to Treasure Island. It doesn't do rolls, loops, torque rolls. Got to get Sean Tucker inside of it and let him fly it, then we'll have a real air show.
      Oh for the days of Tex Johnson! "Just selling airplanes".

Comment

Did anyone watch the show online? How was it?

Comment

The show is over. Now 500,000 people will overload the roads and public transportation to get home. God help us again.
          Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 10-11-2015, 08:03 AM.

Comment

The Blue Angels C130 did not fly today.

Comment

2 large capacity Cruise Ships are docked at the Pier 39 area to add to the madness.

Comment

Thanks for all the info & videos during "Fleet Week".
                Lockheed Bob

Comment

I shot some good stuff today. Its going to be awhile before I can process them as I'm not done with my Reno pics yet.

Will

Comment

Sunday. 10am. Sunny 65 degrees F and clear in the East Bay. Another nice day for an air show.

Videos from Saturday.

Video showing about 80% of the Blue Angels show. This video shows a vapor cloud around the wing areas of the F18 at 0.17 seconds. I could see other vapor clouds forming but they were 1/2 mile away and it's hard to see. Should be some good video/photos this year from others. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSxdEVAYxzI

Video showing 3 passes from the Patriots Jet Team & a Panoramic View of Aquatic Park: https://www.youtube.com/edit?video_i...referrer=watch

Video showing the Boeing 737 passes: https://www.youtube.com/edit?video_i...referrer=watch
                    Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 10-20-2015, 07:35 PM.

Comment

I did a quick look through the pics I shot yesterday and I've got several showing the vapor cloud covering the entire wing, as well as a couple taken on the high speed pass with the Mach 1 cloud starting to form, the cone, and another cloud right over the canopy. They look good on camera, I can't wait to process them and see what they really look like.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by RAD2LTR View Post
                        I did a quick look through the pics I shot yesterday and I've got several showing the vapor cloud covering the entire wing, as well as a couple taken on the high speed pass with the Mach 1 cloud starting to form, the cone, and another cloud right over the canopy. They look good on camera, I can't wait to process them and see what they really look like.

Will
                        If I was the Air Boss I would have the Blue Angels repeatedly have all 6 planes do low altitude high speed runs. Over and over and over again. The crowd wants to see speed, low altitude and vapor clouds. Give it to them until they are tired of it and need a rest. I think they only made one or two single plane low altitude high speed passes.

Where did you shoot your video from?
                        Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 10-11-2015, 05:45 PM.

Comment

12.45pm. From the San Francisco Bay Bridge you can see the Golden Gate Bridge, Marina Green and Alcatraz are covered in fog. The rest of the Bay is clear and sunny.
                          Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 10-11-2015, 01:56 PM.

Comment

1.45pm. The T33 just finished his show making large, slow rolls and loops. There is a finger of Fog pushed through the Golden Gate Bridge still covering Alcatraz Island. The rest of the Bay is clear and sunny. Shorts and T shirt weather at Aquatic Park.
                            Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 10-11-2015, 01:55 PM.

Comment

2pm. Sean Tucker is doing his show. There is a 10-15mph breeze in the center of the air show. Good sailing weather.

Comment

2.05pm. It appears that the fog is pushing eastbound and getting thicker. Aquatic Park could easily be covered in fog in 1-2 hours. Hard to tell.

Comment

Working...
                                X