Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heritage Flight Photo

Firecat,

Thanks for sharing the images from Aviation Nation Airshow. Some really nice images considering the weather. I have attached my own Heritage Flight image I took at Nellis. Hope you all enjoy.

Dave
    Attached Files

Comment

Air Racing Nellis Style

Thought you all would enjoy the attached photo from the demo race. Too bad about the limited numbers, but fun to watch anyway.

Dave
      Attached Files

Comment

Re: Air Racing Nellis Style

Originally posted by paintboy
        Too bad about the limited numbers, but fun to watch anyway.

As long as they are racing, even as a demo, it's a good thing. All is well with the world.

Clay
        Rare Bear Fan Sponsor

Comment

Some great shots there folks but where was all this light when I was there on an overcast Saturday morning!

Of course if I had this lens...

...I wouldn't have had to use 1600 film for this...

I wouldn't mind it so much if I could have gotten away with 800...

I also am thankful that later in the day I could use 400 but more importantly for having spent 3 years at Nellis AFB, way back when, as it has got to be the most fun assignment for any zoomie due to these guys...

Comment

Film speed

I know why all of film guys like me shoot 400 in low light. I have to ask though, do you get a lot of grain. I only shoot 100 speed no matter how dark it gets. I really have had no problems doing this either, unless it is just pitch black like a bad thunderstorm. Why not stick with 100 all the time?

Comment

Myself I only have the cheap 600-1000mm f9-f16 lens so in order to minimize shake I try to keep a 1 to 1 (Ex: 1/1000 sec to 1,000mm). Although I've had success shooting 1,000mm as low as 1/250th panning, I'd prefer the grain then focus errors. I've had no noticeable grain from prints with Fujipress 800 at 20" X 30" prints - as good if not better then Kodak 400UC. Although grain is greatly pronounced in my scanning to digital workflow, they are well controlled in my traditional prints.

Comment

i use a little old olympus c-700 and it works rather well. don't know much terminology so i'll let a pic speak for itself.
                Attached Files
                heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Working...
                X