Would You Want A Chat Room?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would You Want A Chat Room?

We'll be moving the website to a new server soon (hopefully!) and it has a lot of features built in. Since we're paying for them, the thought comes up... maybe we should use some of them.

One is a pretty slick chat room interface.

Since this board is fairly "real time" anyway, I wonder.. if we went to the trouble of doing this, would it (chat room) get used?

So the question is...

Do you guys and girls want a chat room?

It'll be a while before I can get to it, likely, some time after Nellis, but maybe if things go well, I will be able to do it prior to then. We'll see.. that is, depending on the results of the poll...

Lemme know, it's up to you.

Wayne
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    Don't Care
    0%

The poll is expired.

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Chat Room

Wayne- I really enjoyed the chat room feature at Pylon 1, and I would use it quite a bit if you get one going! All the best, RG
    Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
    RIP 03/17/10

Comment

Same here, put 'er up.

Comment

Here Here!

I have always wished that there was a chat room in AAFO...

Comment

Only if it were kept very simple/easy to log on/out. Some of them are so difficult to get into that one gets discouraged and doesn't bother.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfee
            Here Here!

I have always wished that there was a chat room in AAFO...
            For sure, I don't think I'll have time to do it before Nellis... unless... <lightbulb goes off> I've got a few domains "parked" on the new box, one is raceplanes.com (nice name ey ) and I could put it there for now....

Lemme get caught up, just took on another website client, http://redknightairshows.com between getting Chris setup temporairly and keeping up on the Nellis website, I'm not going to have a lot of time.... If I put it there, it'll be without any modifications, meaning, it'll look pretty generic but I'll maybe do that for a trial...

Lemme see how time flies, er... goes...

Looks like some don't want or don't care.. The thing I worry about is how people will behave there? I'll have to work up a disclaimer statement first, for sure, so nobody gets their undies in a bundle and decides to sue me or something stupid like that.

Wayne
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne,
              Just speaking from my experiences with the P1 chat room, everytime I was there people were very well behaved. Most of the posters that liked to stir up trouble didn't venture in very often, and when they did, we just ignored them and after a while they would get bored and go away. Just my .02

Comment

Here ya go... give it a test run....

Well, it was really easy to do the default install so.... I did it at the domain I mentioned above..

it's available at

Give it a test run...

It requires a valid email address and a mail to you and click back for confirm so, that should discourage most who *might* stir up the poopot to not do it as their email will be on file...

Get comfy with it and we'll keep it.. though, once aafo.com is moved over there.. we'll likely change the web address to aafo.com/racechat.. and, you'll have to register again.. sorry about that but.. it's the only way I can set it up at the moment.

Have fun, behave! If anyone sees something bad.. lemme know ok??

Wayne
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                X