Props & Spinners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Props & Spinners

Old ramp rat... make ya a deal.... sign up for a membership and I'll handle any problems that come up during the process, if any do... yer posts all have to be "approved" as it is now and if I'm away from my puter, and one of the two mods who also can approve/disapprove guest messages does not see it, they languish in the "awaiting approval" bin... it's fast, it's free, it's easy (where have I heard that before?)

Also, I deleted an earlier one from you, because it promoted someone we don't talk about here... click on the "contact us" link on the bottom of this page if you'd like a bit deeper explnation...

Ok... you've been drafted, now go fill out the paperwork...

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Enough talking people, this is a photo forum!!

Here is something a little different. The background with the T-6 driver or crewmember walking through sucks, but I'm not into using the clone stamp too much tonight.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hard to argue that Tim.

Since I didn't make Reno 2004... how about an oldie but goodie

Reno 1998... Pilot Bruce Lockwood in Dago Red following a morning test hop.
        Photo taken @1/30th, F4.6, tripod mounted with fluid head (the plane was taxiing back to the ramp at the time)
        Attached Files
        Mark K....

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra
          Hard to argue that Tim.

Photo taken @1/30th, F4.6, tripod mounted with fluid head (the plane was taxiing back to the ramp at the time)
          Mark, This Dago shot is a true classic. I still have the original screen saver file, too! It showed me the way to early and late day lighting.

Now I'll suggest a Canopys & Cockpits theme...
          Attached Files
          Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
          World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Originally posted by Peashooter
            Mark, This Dago shot is a true classic. I still have the original screen saver file, too! It showed me the way to early and late day lighting.
            Thanks Pees

Most of what I have is on the other computer - and I'm having a heck of a time networking these two beasts together. I also need to get on the stick and re-install the software on my new box for the Nikon Super CoolScan 4000ED scanner.

Reguardless - my main focus for the next month or two will be getting on track with the POTW feature that Wayners has graciously allowed me to assist on... as well as the upcoming calendar wallpaper feature. Also ther are a few "stays in the truck" things that we are planning on which will be public knowledge as time allows.

Great shots BTW - thanks for posting 'em.
            Mark K....

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra
              Hard to argue that Tim.

Mark, I gotta tell ya, it's bringing tears to my eyes seeing you starting to "play" again. You got some smashing stuff in yer archive, that I know fer sure!!!!

Now, we both gotta get our butts back to Reno next time round, complete with the trip in the truck to the fence with that "Speed" guy

Dood... I actually ate some soup tonight!!!!

Sometimes, the small stuff really means a lot to a guy...

Wayner
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                Dood... I actually ate some soup tonight!!!!

Sometimes, the small stuff really means a lot to a guy...

Wayner
                As I said Wayne - patience.... everything will get back to better then before in good time. Baby steps bro - baby steps

I'm very happy to see that you got to eat some soup today - that's one HUGE step in the right direction. I have little doubt that you'll be kickin ass and taking names in the very near future. Until that happens (and even afterwards), you know I'm here for ya.
                Mark K....

Comment

i know this doesn't really fit in with this thread but it's still part of a plane, lol

with no further adue, SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION!
                  Attached Files
                  heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Hey matt since we’re doing shameless promos here is mine.
                    And some pics I took with my video camera. It only takes 1meg pictures but some are ok.
                    Jason S.
                    Attached Files
                    Jason Schillereff

Comment

Oops, the shameless one didn’t work. Oh well.. enjoy the others
                      Jason S.
                      Jason Schillereff

Comment

Mark that Dago shot really is a classic. I remember seeing it on the old pylon1.com site.
                        Seeing you write about hooking up the scanner really makes me thank my lucky stars that I will never have to scan a bunch of photos again. I can convert a RAW file and tweak it for the web in less than 5 minutes, but removing dust from scans used to take 15-20 minutes alone. I do not miss that al all.

Comment

Cool discusion here guys, and the archived stuff from Pylon1 is being eagerly awaited

Mark, there is one shot in particular that I remember from Pylon1 that I would love to see again, and buy a copy if I could. It is a shot of Leewards yellow Air Ranch Special in the valley of speed.

The skies were grey, but light was shining on thre plane, and it had a special 'fade' filter effect to it. I beleive the shot was by Bucky Dawson, in 1985? Do you know the shot I am talking about?

That was one of the most impressive shots I have ever seen, I am sure there are others that would love to see it.

Good to see you back more...
                          ~Jim

Comment

jason, i love the prop tip shot, that's siiiiiiiiiiiiiic
                            heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Hi Tim - I feel ya on the slide scanning issue. I should add that the Nikon scanner I use has a 50 slide autofeeder and automatically takes away the dust speckles (as long as I'm NOT dealing with Kodack film)... so it's pretty much a no brainer when it comes to scanning pics I take with the Fuji Provia film I use. After that, I just run it through a program on Adobe that sizes it down, auto contrasts and sharpens (if needed) - so I'm at about 1 min per slide after the scan... keeping the post processing time down is a major consideration for everyone.

Most of the old pics are on Kodack film though - since it was the staple for so many years. Time for the cloning tool and a few minutes of post processing - a pita but necessary for the archival stuff.

glider90 - yes, I know exactly the picture you are refering to... which was taken by Don "Bucky" Dawson. I will need to get in contact with him to discuss the use of his photos here - as well as the other people that have contributed photos to the P1 site. The prentation of an archival photo is paramont to insure that the people who own the rights to the photos are presented in a manner that meets with their approval. It's the only ethical thing to do, and both Wayne and I are the same page when it comes to stuff like this. Throwing up old pics without a complete discription to note the historical significance behind them is a disservice to the photographer, and to air racing community as a whole. I don't think anyone would disagree on the logic behind that.

In short - it looks promissing, but not in the bag just yet.
                              Mark K....

Comment

I'll add to this....

I've been kicking the idea of a "web store" around for years.. one of the things I'd LOVE to see in it would be prints from artists like Bucky and Mark and Neal and a whole lot of others who were taking quality shots from a long time ago.

If we can ever figure out all the details, which include, the royalty due RARA on any picture that any credentialed media person takes when sold, printing costs, "gallery commission" etc, if we can get those who took the shots "on board" and can make something like this "web store" a dooable thing where neither Mark or I are spending too much time on it, I think it would be a way to get a lot of these pictures out there on people's walls, while putting a dollar or two in the artist's pocket, as well as helping RARA by adding to their kitty and a small token to this website's kitty as well...

It just seems like the next step...

Over the year's we've had people ask for T-Shirts, Hats, etc etc.. one big problem with all that is stuff has to be bought up front, frankly, the budget here has never been in position to handle that.. things might change though...

It's just another idea (one of many) that I think could add a level of quality to this site.. Heck, I'd like to have an AAFO mug myself... as well as some of these fantastic old shots from Bucky, Mark and Wingman as well..

Anyway... rambling here... just have a bundle of energy this morning.. feeling better daily and loving it! Going to Nellis next month, even going down a week early to help set things up... Wahoo! Airplanes!

Wayne
                                Wayne Sagar
                                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                                X