Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pilot Okay.. Furias gear collapse on landing

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
    With all due respect Hans, the owners of these airplanes are doing just fine in the financial department. As you said, it's not for the meek--nor is it for the weak of wallet. If the owner wants to keep flying and racing the airplane he'll pay the money to get it back in the air. Or sell it to someone who will.
    Are you kidding me? Yeah there is a long line of people that want to get into this sport, I wonder how many solid offers Bob has hand on Voodoo in the last year?

Comment

Originally posted by boom3 View Post
      Friggen gear. All that work, money, sweat, and tears and it comes down to the gear malfunctioning. Dang it.
      That's what I was thinking. All the work, just to have some minor piece fail and destroy so much. Poor airplane. I'm assuming the owners have the facilities and money to put it back together again.

So what's an estimate on the damages? $100, 200, 300,000?
      Last edited by SkyvanDelta; 09-12-2012, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
        With all due respect Hans, the owners of these airplanes are doing just fine in the financial department. As you said, it's not for the meek--nor is it for the weak of wallet. If the owner wants to keep flying and racing the airplane he'll pay the money to get it back in the air. Or sell it to someone who will.
        Go back and look at the entry lists for the last five or six years and count how many Gold contenders aren't racing anymore. You might want to rethink your statements

Comment

Originally posted by Von Zipper View Post
          Shortly after being offloaded by crane from the flatbed.
          As I said on Scotty's thread, I hope that hideous looking upward point to the cowl and engine is all just related to bent/broken engine mount hardware and the hard points on the airframe itself aren't too tweaked.

Comment

Originally posted by 440_Magnum View Post
            As I said on Scotty's thread, I hope that hideous looking upward point to the cowl and engine is all just related to bent/broken engine mount hardware and the hard points on the airframe itself aren't too tweaked.
            Good point and hope you're right Mag. If the frame's bent, I imagine you're in a whole different realm, timing and cost wise...
            Mark Johnson
            Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

Hmm. I got word today that while being loaded on the flat bed, it got dropped from a height of around 6ft. back on the ground (strap failure). This is from somebody who was on the scene.

Anybody else hear this?
              You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post
                Hmm. I got word today that while being loaded on the flat bed, it got dropped from a height of around 6ft. back on the ground (strap failure). This is from somebody who was on the scene.

Anybody else hear this?
                That probably did as much, if not more damage than the landing did...

Comment

Originally posted by Fence Sence View Post

Anybody else hear this?
                  Not sure on the height when dropped but I'm pretty sure I heard same thing from someone who was out there.
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Man, those guys can't catch a break.....

Kevin

Comment

You've got to be kidding.....
                      My heart starts beating again in September.

Comment

Ouch! (cringes in pain....) No luck for those guys at all.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Adkins View Post
                          You might want to rethink your statements
                          Okay, the guys who own and race WWII fighters are struggling to get by.

You may want to rethink your Stockholm Syndrome with the money boys who own and race airplanes.

Comment

Not the kind of news I wanted to hear. I sure hope they repair it for next year.

Comment

Is it a nasty rumor that it was dropped, or did that actually happen?

Comment

X2 ????

Comment

Working...
                                X